The Ragweed Princess from the Empire of Livitium - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
She's probably not going to realize that she's pretty until someone forces her to have a proper look at herself in a mirror. That's just how low self-esteem works; she still thinks that she's ugly and fat and that anyone who tries to say otherwise but not show will cause her to automatically assume they're being patronizing. All of the distorted bits she sees from water reflections are still just tiny bits and pieces of the puzzle that she is going to willfully ignore and not attempt to piece together the whole picture
Then again this is a manga that is an adaptation of a web novel and it's unlikely to be accurate to how it is in real life

Contributor
Oh look, it's a ruined portal from minecraft

Bruno and Eren are both scaredy-cats, how cute. Bickering childhood friends on the surface, but I feel like they actually get along much better than it seems.

Girl, this is not the right time to be self-deprecating. Or I guess Jill's just blind to her newfound beauty now that she's drastically changed for the better, both inside and out, from how she used to be. Low self-esteem strikes again. Now how will she get out of this, I wonder...

Dex-chan lover
Jill, our MC hasnt seen her own face outside of reflections from a puddle and a bucket of water, as far as we know.

Therefore, she has no idea how she really looks post weight loss.

So yes it makes sense she thinks shes still ugly.

Dex-chan lover
I see the premise now, so I'll continued reading. The pace is good when you could see the direction since chapter 4 like this. Though it's forgivable for shorter chapters to be around chapter 10.

Dex-chan lover
She's probably not going to realize that she's pretty until someone forces her to have a proper look at herself in a mirror.
I was actually wondering about that. Did they never have mirrors in their household? I imagine this is also partially her master's fault for picking on her so much.

Users who are viewing this thread