The Reason Why Raeliana Ended Up at the Duke's Mansion - Vol. 4 Ch. 141

First time I see the FL do the dirty work to protect her own life. Well done reli, somebody gotta go, and had to be her

@cocobir it mentioned near the beginning that she began learning how to shoot (I think it was for self defense), and she had a chance to demonstrate her skills during the sewer arc. And as for whether she's shaken up or not, there wasn't a lot of material after Beatrice got shot, so maybe we'll see more of the after effects in the next chapter. Hopefully, she'll be able to forgive herself, considering Beatrice was not only slowly killing her, but also actively trying to stab her with a dagger.
Ty for translating :)

@cocobir As for where she learned how to shoot a gun it was explained early on that Raeliana has been trained by her father since childhood as the family regularly goes hunting and uses guns for that. You're right though I think about her never having killed a person before. I think though that Raeliana was able to steel herself because she knows it's necessary, and to a degree, saw this coming. Based on what the mage said, one needs to die for the other to live, but even if that wasn't the case, Beatrice has proven she's not open to any other solutions and has already made multiple attempts on her life. I think Raeliana was probably aware of and preparing for the possibility she might have to kill Beatrice since she realized what she was up to. That, and it also likely helps knowing she has Noah by her side to help her.

Not to say the choice was easy, likely she'll feel it more strongly once the adrenaline wears off and she has time to reflect on it.

@HakaishinAndroid616 ??? It's either she kills not-Beatrice, not-Beatrice kills her, or they both die because their bodies are rejecting the souls. Let's not forget not-Beatrice manipulated and murdered a (mostly) innocent woman to try to get Raeliana executed for treason...and so, Raeliana killed a murderer. Not seeing why her being armed or not changes the fact that not-Beatrice is going to die unarmed anyway, since she would've been executed for the crime of killing the woman who was about to be queen...

Dex-chan lover
@MCX01
I think the entire point of this story is that if she knew her own fate, she could have changed it instead of trying to force it on someone else, the MC basically became raeliana and had to deal with all of raeliana's problems, but in the long run she changed that fate, while OG raeliana stole beatrice's body from her and ended up as the villain of her own story.
Basically OG raeliana could have relied on so many other people, but because she had no trust or faith in them, she only brought misery to others, hence why her fate is so sad and pathetic, had she not switched their bodies, it's possible that she could have avoided her own death, hence why while the mc more or less did the right thing, it is still a fairly tragic story for both of them.

People who are saying the MC is shitty for killing an unarmed person that constantly tried to murder you is like saying don’t take the chance to assassinate hitler when he’s unarmed

It’s fiction, get over yourselves.

@redbeanbunny

While I also do feel sympathy for her, we saw through Korean Raeliana's conversation with the parents when she canceled the engagement to be with Noah that they just wanted her to be happy and would have gladly paid the monetary consequences for dissolving her original engagement.

BOTH of them had the power as Raeliana to take control of their lives and dissolve the engagement that originally would have ended her life.

Korean Raeliana did get plot powers in a sense (but they're typical isekai powers for the genre any way) but she also doesn't have OG Raeliana's actual memories and education so she would have been rather disadvantaged otherwise.

rest in peace, fake Beatrice.

well its on condition where only Rae or fake Beatrice can stay alive, the other must die. And lets remember the beginning, it's not korean Rae's will to enter that body ( from that black mage's power). So in my opinion, she have the right to choose, whether to survive or to die

ah I forgot. thanks Bucci Gang I love you guys sooo much *hug hug*

@LikeASkurn it isn't, at least in a general case. In this case, if we are to believe what has been shown till now and Eun Ha's soul is trying to go to Bea'sbody, it is probably a good for Eun Ha option.

Feel extremely bad for Beatrice (Reliana). I felt like she was lied to. I really hope for a better ending for her. This suck

Dex-chan lover
Not-Beatrice was just a dumb pawn of the Black Mage. Tragic more than anything, really.
At least Raeliana should be able to survive the aftermath due to her political connections.

I thought we'd manage to persuade not-Beatrice, then set up a new vessel for not-Beatrice and kill the body so everyone wins.

Anyways, I do not believe not-Beatrice is really dead...

Finally!
Next arc inbound or series end?
PLACE YOUR BETS!!!

This has got to be the end right?

I mean, it wasn't a very satisfying ending but it was still an ending nonetheless.

I'm just surprised that it ended that abruptly though.

In the case that this is just a setup for the next arc, well, shit I guess?

Users who are viewing this thread