The Revenge of the Soul Eater - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Begging the Dragon

Dex-chan lover
I hate these kinds of adaptions - they get you hooked and then they end before it even starts.

Anyway, I like how she still questions his hatred/attitude change towards them as if it was not directly explained to them earlier.

Dex-chan lover
I hate these kinds of adaptions - they get you hooked and then they end before it even starts.

Anyway, I like how she still questions his hatred/attitude change towards them as if it was not directly explained to them earlier.
Hmmmmm, This is just an assumption, but it looks like there are some disagreement between the author and the mangaka or the editorial department?

But hey, at least they're going to reboot the series!

Dex-chan lover
I really liked the gritty parts, not so much the out of place comedy bits! I mean I do like sporadic comedy, but not when it interrupts a serious dialogue or scene! It just takes you out of the immersion and wouldn't be surprised if that was what brought to the editorial conflict that ultimately killed this manga! Well, I guess I'll check the novel

Dex-chan lover
I really liked the gritty parts, not so much the out of place comedy bits! I mean I do like sporadic comedy, but not when it interrupts a serious dialogue or scene! It just takes you out of the immersion and wouldn't be surprised if that was what brought to the editorial conflict that ultimately killed this manga! Well, I guess I'll check the novel
I actually like the weird comedy inserts. I found it both jarring and out of place, but the author's other work "Youjo Senki" had similar stuff that happened during serious discussions. Sad to see this go but will enjoy it if it can come back better then ever.

Dex-chan lover
The emotions is all over the place, i understand the artist want to show Sora as “strong but weird/aloof” but this is just a rollercoaster to nowhere.

It looks more like he is still being eaten in the Lord’s nest and this is his wet dream before dying. Being all powerful and getting revenge on those who “wronged” him.

They way manga presents him is more like a child throwing a tantrum instead of being calculating or strong.

I was hoping the characterisation be better overtime but axe-kun has made up it’s mind.

Thank you TLs ans SLs for the manga.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know how the story progresses, but MCs behaviour can make sense. My theory is that the dragon is already mostly in control of him and his human consciousness is sedated. The dragon decides who to eat, the human can only convince himself why post-hoc with logic similar to someone on some sort of substance.

Dex-chan lover
Cancelled before it even started. This is basically a prologue, the story starts from here. I think it might even be argued that the whole party betrayal arc is just a setup, because it only establishes MCs situation, and doesn't really affect the larger plot.

Too bad we won't be able to see good fights, but it is what it is.

Supporter
I actually like the weird comedy inserts. I found it both jarring and out of place, but the author's other work "Youjo Senki" had similar stuff that happened during serious discussions. Sad to see this go but will enjoy it if it can come back better then ever.
They have the same artist, but different authors, and Youjo Senki was far better executed as a result of Carlo Zen’s authorship. It uses contrasting styles to accentuate the absurdity of a nation at war, and to show both distinct sides of its misunderstanding-based comedy. Revenge of the Soul Eater on the other hand just comes across as needlessly edgy, followed by interludes of being flippant. Kinda like the Youjo Senki anime actually, they turned a nuanced story into another edgy isekai when the market wanted exactly that, but now there’s an abundance of edgy isekai and too little of what a faithful adaptation of Carlo Zen’s work would have brought to the table.

Dex-chan lover
So is that news is in this chapter 10, and this start in 2020 (like 10 chapters in bimonthly publishing will end before mid 2022). Why we cant see the reboot manga?

Meh those things are just to wait good news, or read other story

Users who are viewing this thread