The Role of the Villainess Is No More! - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

That head maid's private punishment and gossipings among knights are giving me more of ancient China palace drama than medieval Europe as part of the story presentation tbh... The punishment reminds me of the personal maids of empress from My Fair Princess (Chinese Drama). Also, a gifted person with photographic memory is soooo wasted on being a maid... I guess the whole 'prologue' is just a setting for the MC/story to be "the challenging life of a hated lady changing negative opinions of those around her through perseverance and sincerity", which is kinda what I'm here for~ The author should dodge those medieval setting-holes they aren't really familiar with though, and focus more on the character interactions and emotional appeals going forward for this story to work well, the world-building could be done with more fantasy settings instead of medieval settings too.

Group Leader
Well, that was a short-lived ohohoho ojou-sama moment.

Corporal punishment was banned, but it's okay here? 🤔 Rules for thee but not for me, at the palace it seems...although I guess the same can be said for every other place of authority.

The pig head-maid needs to be fired.

@VortexRyder Well it has been established in the world that nobles are aware of Japanese food and consider it food for commoners. So it's less about Japanese food being superior and moreso just the MC's personal taste.

This is starting off pretty interesting, and I like her personality. Plus, she did a good job of playing villainess for all that time, props to her. Thanks for the translation!

Man, eff all these jerks. She gets her goddamn fiance stolen from her and then they're all pissed at HER? Eff 'em ALL. Let them BURN!

Double-page supporter
Thank you!
Dang she was demoted to a maid for verbal abuse.... and that head maid's face while raising the whip is just unsettling....
Also, is there a novel for this? Since it's an adaptation?

Double-page supporter
.... There are a number of staple options to choose from when creating a falling from nobility story.... This one has bits and pieces from all over the place. Unique enough to continue reading

Anyone wants to talk about God being a massive dick and major asshole? Making an offer she couldn't refuse that basically amount killing her and making her taking a role for 16 years and the rewards just seeing her sister once more and that's it? She then immediately discarded to her own fate?

@bf842903 Because God says so.

What I can't understand with all these otome isekai villainess titles is that somehow, being a man-stealing poor girl makes you the heroine. Since when was being a thirsty hoe something "heroic"? All these villains are justified in reacting in such a way when you're practically throwing yourself at an engaged man. Yet somehow that's ok coz they act all demure & only did it without knowing? Bitch pls!

End of rant. lol There's way too many of these titles now but I'm gonna give this a shot still coz it seems interesting enough.

THROW AWAY THAT 'ML' MC UR DATING MELAFA <3 what a cutie!!!!!!
thank you for the translation this seems like an interesting series!

I don’t like this ML.
Yeah, yeah, “ but he’ll have a change of heart” but first bad impression lasts for me.

I’m scoffing at the idea of the food setting like-Huh. “Conveniently, commoner’s food is japanese food!”

I’m all for a simple story but this is just more of a stretch to pander on the fl’s origins a bit too much.
Still would wait out this series to see how it fairs on the next chapters though.

followed! looks fun.

why does God want their beloved to hook up with this lame prince??

Users who are viewing this thread