The Romcom Where the Childhood Friend Won't Lose! - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

@Tamerlane

She did try to find out, she even said so in this chapter, but everyone she's asked simply lied or didn't give any straight answer ( I am assuming). They wanted to keep the mothers death a secret so they could finish the drama.

Due to the crushing pain of first love, MC-kun plotted revenge against his first love who had actually plotted revenge years prior against MC-kun and
later on, childhood friend also plotted revenge against MC-kun
. I dunno if this is crappy writing or some big brain power move but I definitely had not seen this thing in other stories.

All I can see is that as things stand, nobody wins and everybody loses.

Contributor
@Hollow7F @BZo1480
the only decent person is the mc male friend
Nah, he's scum too. All will be revealed post-Confession Festival.
sonofabitch.jpg

What, is the author going to posthumously reveal that
MC's mom was an unfeeling opportunistic bitch just using her child actor son to regain her time in the spotlight?

Dex-chan lover
I feel like I was lied to. All I wanted was one measly story where the childhood friend wins, and now even if that happens, it'll be hard to be happy about it cause everyone is beyond awful. 😭

Dex-chan lover
So both girls are his childhood friends. And they’re both decently likable. This is gonna be hard. Fukken great.

I'm starting to get the feeling that for something with "Romcom" in its title, this is more rom/drama than com.

The person you were planning revenge against was secretly planning revenge against you? That's pretty meta, but where do you go from there? It just seems like the story is setting itself up for a ton of negativity in the future.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it's not my cup of tea.

Dex-chan lover
They've met once as children and now they're childhood friends? The fuck is this shit dude.

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane Hahaha, nah. It doesn't get that bad. Peoples' opinions on certain characters will more than likely change, tho.

@justforthelulz 🤣🤣🤣 Now, to be fair, Tetsuhiko was already a womanizing scumbag(stated by Maru himself), so he wasn't "good" from the jump, but like I said, all will be revealed after the Confession Festival.

Dex-chan lover
@sterven Huh? They played together/met up a bunch of times, it even said so during Kachi's inner monologue, lol.

Dex-chan lover
@BZo1480
You talking about this?
howUqZ8.png
Because if you are it says they played many times together it doesn't mention meeting up multiple times. What do I mean by this lets say during the course of the day we played 5 different games together therefore we played many times together during the day. Hell they're even wearing the same clothes throughout the monologue except for one panel which I assume it was at the end of their play date.

Dex-chan lover
The boy quickly signed an autograph after she begged him for one! The amiable boy invited her over to the filming grounds, even giving her a tour! They also played together while waiting for his turn to perform! When they finally had to split up that day, he said that they should play sometime together again!

When the girl was together with the boy, she was most excited when they talked about stories. Being an actor, the boy knew many different ones, while the girl herself had scavenged for quite a few during her seclusion, so that they both had extensive knowledge exceeding their ages.

After playing together multiple times, in the course of their conversations, the girl began to have a dream.

@sterven That's straight from the source material, emphasis mine. That panel just depicted what happened the first time they met and the last dialog box is clearly implying they met more than once.

Power Uploader
>Followed for the romcom
>Get to a chapter with real heavy shit

I don’t think I’m ready for this ride.

Dex-chan lover
@BZo1480
I've reread the monologue pages several times and still fail to see it as anything more than a one off meeting, especially considering the fact that she has to ask her father to bring him over repeatedly. To top it all off since I can't read moon runes it's not like I can go to the raws and look at how its phrased.

@sterven
Hi, i'm the TL for the LN and manga, here to definitively set the record straight. I'll admit that it's very ambiguous as a product of the manga trying to squeeze things vs the LN, but Shirokusa and MC did meet/play with each other multiple times and so I would consider her a "childhood friend" as well. This is kind of implied in the next panel as well when it's said that "things got most exciting when they talked about stories". The LN makes it a lot clearer, as the other guy below so helpfully pointed out.

Oh and while I'm at it thanks everyone reading for the support :)

Users who are viewing this thread