The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 14 Ch. 38 - Trial by Fire IV

I love morally grey sections like this, it really fleshes out the characters and their internal dilemmas, you know? Makes them feel more human despite being fictional.

This chapter is sad, and its one of the main turning points in the story's history, but I still love it, in some twisted kind of way.

The militias aside, why did the civilian chose to stay? Women, children, and Elderly should have fled the city! I guess they thought the violence wouldn't escalate to that degree huh... One more thing, why did those militias chose to kill the P.O.W? Are they that dumb? Isn't killing P.O.W also a breach in the international humanitarian law/law of war? Yeah, carpet bombing the city is morality wrong! but if one side chose to disregard the law the other side are not obliged to upheld it either. It's like they relinquished their right to be protected by said law.

Fed-Kun's army
GOD DAMMIT! THIS GIVE ME CHILLS!

I couldn't stop smiling, it feels like when I was got Red Pilled for the first time.
Honestly if someone during the war shove me this, I probably convinced about justification death on war.

Eh, the Anime wouldn't even scratch the surface of this manga and novel. and also, I still dislike those anime style, it felt like an insult to this art. It just my preference anyway

Is hella nice how contrast tanya and gantz inner monologue

@boag
anime cover just before african's campaing [desire for see the movie intensifies]

@Euphaire
why did the civilian chose to stay?
I think in several reasons for not doing so, like having all belongings in one place (still common nowadays) and the subsequent desire to not lost it, not thinking that they really would do that (reminder, this is probably the first time), coercion by familiars/friends/superiors who are die hard (lel) fanatics and so on

why did those militias chose to kill the P.O.W? Are they that dumb?
like any religious zealots yes, they are

Isn't killing P.O.W also a breach in the international humanitarian law/law of war?
dunno about it, would be nice if anyone could clarify if some laws about was vigent in our equivalent times but judging for the fact that 203 took video about the killing I think that is the case here

Fed-Kun's army
@Fuminino From a legal point of view the empire did not commit a war crime (all people in the city were 'de jure' enemy combatants.) but the rebels did (by executing P.O.W.'s).

@Uvenam who the heck has a 1366x768 res screen? I feel like this would look awful on the standard of 1920x1080

Dex-chan lover
Incredible as usual.
No shying away from heavy subjects like lesser manga would.

Dex-chan lover
@Fuminino
The francois partisans failed to do the steps needed to be considered as noncombatants, and then went even further by committing war crimes by mass executions of POWs. Then, everyone who stayed was effectively partisans or partisan-supporters by choice or neglection to leave. Anyone who would've been considered as loyal imperial subjects or opposing the partisans would've stopped it or left.

@TheAmokz What i said is even though by law what The Empire did is not breach of a War law, But what they do is still a war crime. The Not!France too do the same as what the Empire did. Both sided using the loopholes in War Law that makes the Civillian (Non-Combatant) involved in their firefight.

@Robbini
Read above

@Fumino

You can’t commit a crime if there is no law against it, thus it was not a war crime by any metric except by your own morality

Dex-chan lover
page 11 is that the Bolshevik revolution?
page 16 Gigant bombers!!

Users who are viewing this thread