The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 14 Ch. 40 - Andrew Report: The Massacre of Arene

Dex-chan lover
the victors write the history books.... also the misunderstandings are strong in this one

Dex-chan lover
@Garb-edge

1949 - 1990 ; Federal Republic of Germany aka West Germany
1990 - Current ; Federal Republic of Germany aka Berlin Republic

Aggregator gang
@Garb-edge

That's my best guess.

@1234muse

But that's the really, really funny party about this chapter: Ugar and/or Andrew give the full case (and evidence) for Arene's destruction being completely within the laws of war, and it's actually a more valid case than either the one Tanya gives internally or in speeches or the evidence the Totally-not-French guy's recording gave.

This Andrew Report actually paints Tanya's actions in a far more positive light than Tanya herself paints them in, up until that last dustbin journal scrap - which the reader has an entirely different context on.

@feha
That note they found makes me wonder, who at the time of arsene considered her as a hungry beast while also blaming the ones ordering her?
Zettour. See the end of ch 36.

Dex-chan lover
If there's a federal republic instead of the empire, 40 years after the war, then there's still a very slight possibility that Tanya is still active in the military or otherwise for the government.

Though if someone who's read the novel way on could comment on that, it would be nice. There's atleast one youtuber who takes pictures of his novel and then reading the text outloud, but at the speed he's going, it's pretty slow.

Dex-chan lover
Surprisingly tame. I was expecting it to just be "the empire massacred the whole town full of innocent people because a couple of citizens rioted" without any explanation for why the empire reacted like that or any mention of outside forces being present there.

the fact that the records are somehow gone means either Tanya or someone in her wing are now such an important figure that if their past is exposed to the public it will be bad for those who may concern

Dex-chan lover
@Harukou
the fact that the records are somehow gone means either Tanya or someone in her wing are now such an important figure that if their past is exposed to the public it will be bad for those who may concern

Not necessarily.
The fact that Tanya's basically a 10 year-old child soldier is already bad enough for the Empire.
Add to it that she was sent to the front many time, led many extremely dangerous operations, and was even ordered to commandeer the Arene massacre.

Even if the world agreed Tanya was a devil, they'll also agree the Empire turned an "innocent child" into a monster.
The Empire itself has plenty of reasons to want to keep Tanya a secret.

Supporter
@Robbini i have heard that
at the end of war Tanya defects to allies where she is given new identity and she starts fighting against communism.

Dex-chan lover
These future report chapters are so fun to read, I love them!

Power Uploader
Ah, propaganda...

Always the victor writing the history books.

And I don't think Tanya died in the war.

Some people erased all traces of her, either to protect her or themselves.

Dex-chan lover
I'm thinking Tanya got the paperclip treatment and is now somewhere in not-united states going by Tiffany.

Users who are viewing this thread