The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 17 Ch. 50 - The Intervention Which Was Too Late I

@tastythighs it has been established that there is absolutely no way the empire can win this, the goal this whole time was for the empire to lose on a favorable term

put it in short, to force the other nations to accept the conditions the empire laid out for peace treaty by bleeding out their resources, something like the empire seceding couple territories and/or pay a reasonable amount of reparation fees, cos let's be honest if the empire does nothing they'd be fucked in the ass like the german in WW1 and couple decades later some dude with a weird mustache is going to pop out screaming world domination

Fed-Kun's army
War has changed, it's no longer about winning. if not, it's about to be the one with less loses.

Dex-chan lover
Jeez, she could have sunk the sub if her spell worked. MC don't know how close she came to being killed by her probably most trusted person

@alexthestupidn
to be fair the empire could've been won if
they just stop the piggies (but mostly, de lugo) at brest from fleeing to africa
, and if tanya
had stopped her hateboner for the commies to provoked them too much, raiding AND the entire show that followed after (reenacted berlin occupation shot being the most amusing thing ever, but alas) at moskva, was more than enough to broke any possibility of diplomacy
; heck at some point tanya became the
weak link of the entire imperial army due how dependant they ended, the unresolved logistic problems and politicians that grow accustomed from victories, ended demanding more and more

note: while animation is far ahead, they are future event regardless

Dex-chan lover
@VIVIT
You're right about the aftermath of the Francois, but wrong about the commies.
There was never any chance of diplomacy, the entire commie effort didn't follow rational planning in the first place. That part at least was not Tanya's fault in any way. It's the government at fault in general for becoming disconnected from what was actually going on for soldiers, and Rudersdorf on the military side for not being realistic with them and failing to insist they were done when they really were done. The empire squandered multiple opportunities to end things on better terms. In fairness, given the time period there was a real victory trap, but there were also people who knew better.

@zanonyn
about the internal state of the empire, while you are completely right about central HQ, I meant tanya as weak link in the field
also,
did zettour kill rudersdorf at the end?

Dex-chan lover
Wasn't this chapter way too short?
...and way too much was wasted on a guy somehow caring about someone sleeping next to them in a non-sexual way :/

@VIVIT yeah i don't watch the anime cos i read the manga first and i don't like the anime's art style, not to mention how the anime take itself too seriously as opposed to the manga, so the information i'm getting is what is shown in the manga

Dex-chan lover
eROkg2R.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread