The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 18 Ch. 52 - The Intervention Which Was Too Late III

Power Uploader
@WORTWORT As far as I remember reading spoilers around:

The Empire "loses", or at least has to give up its gains, but not in a crushing way. IE, they are not an occupied country, like Germany was after WWII.

So the war ends, but all according to Tanya's plan: both sides are probably exhausted and are forced to seek peace.

But I didn't read the LN, so I cant be 100% certain.

Dex-chan lover
@Dridespoon the anime is actually quite toned down and more cartoony. compare the Arene incident. in the anime they just shelled the fuck outa it. in the manga not only did they do that, they bombed the fuck outa it with napalm, creating a literal firestorm to the extent that they had the other world version of Picasso's Guernica

Dex-chan lover
Bruh, that guy used his own cut-off arm as a rocket punch. These fake Brits are metal as fuck

this doesn't make sense even if 203 get tired after they manage to obliterate the headquarter of francois, the fact that a single dude could easily knockout these veteran literally make no sense, even may sioux would need some charging + OP Blessing to knockout 203 in single hit while her charged beam easily kill em in one hit, it seems the manga decide to went full opera soap with unnecessary drama.

@Kirin-kun
Going by the LN's official translation (which is pretty bad btw - Among other things, they make it seem as if the reincarnator and Tanya are two different personalities) the empire ends up almost completely crushed and the allies force them to "make up" for warcrimes that never happened, while hiding their own crimes. For example, the firebombing of not-Straßburg is memorialized every year as the "worst warcrime in history", and they make up lies about imperials playing shooting games using enemy "civilians" as targets, while not-france inciting those same civilians into massacring not-germans is denied.
Tanya and her unit seem to somehow avoid persecution though, as their identities are still a mystery decades later.

Double-page supporter
I have been wanting to ask this question but will Tanya grow any taller later on at the end of the series?

Dex-chan lover
@CheerTheDead I heard that she retains her height even through her 50s because of all the magic enhancement and strain it went through during the war. Sorry if you wanted to see a grown up voluptuous Tanya. So did I.

Double-page supporter
I wonder if this is turning into Yuri.......and would it even be yuri if she still considers herself a man?

Hol up... The dude on the last page is the same conscript that Visha saved. He's still alive!

Users who are viewing this thread