The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 24 Ch. 74 - Scorched Autumn IV

Very unlikely, considering that this 'adjustment' seem to have been across multiple nations.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/466b225a-6c9a-4794-819a-a5a25a879ef7/5
https://mangadex.org/chapter/466b225a-6c9a-4794-819a-a5a25a879ef7/7

Even if she has influence on the Empire side, how would she affect documents on the other countries'.

And I don't really see a reason for the other nations to hide her information.
Would maybe make sense if she defects and strikes a deal with the higher ups of the allied countries or if the war didn't end in a total defeat but a kind of backroom deal with her and maybe Zetours involvement. War is just an extension/another facette of politics after all.

Double-page supporter
Thank you for the translation!
I really enjoy the added bits with the reporters. I don't know how it was in the WN but compared to the LN, they have a lot more impact on the story in the manga adaptation.

Starting next chapter: the reds!

Aggregator gang
This series is like God-tier foreplay that continuously threatens to result in just the most unsatisfying sex possible

So who is this Minstrel, he have more confirmed kills than our dear Tanya???
I presume, it's an inside joke for the people in the army/general staff who came up with this list, to separate Tanya's achievements into two separate people (i.e., "This is Degurechaffe, our strongest and second strongest mage") to show that no one even approaches her level.

One when she signs hymns (Minstrel) and one regular Tanya, because when she hymns, she easily slaughters far more than her regular self does.

Dex-chan lover
neumann wrapping around his shoulders those sausage links is crazy funny lmao

also i keep forgetting that they got new bloods in their unit

lmao tanya got the #2 spot but i bet if she boast her achievements, she could easily grab the top 1

edit: i just browsed the wiki fandom and part of her aliases is "mithril" so i'm wondering what if the minstrel is just mithril but in different spelling considering tls not absolutely accurate all the time :finnawoke::pepehmm::thonk:

it's gonna be so funny if the whole army erased mc and her whole battalion's existence for the sake of protecting her since it seems like the US(specifically the de lugo & viantro) plus mary sue has some heavy grudge for her.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
As is often said, quantity is a quality all it's own. The empire is starting to run low on reasonably draftable people while they, geographically speaking, are lining up to have a mirror match of Germany in WW2. The moment the russians declare war it will likely bring in the brits, since they are already sending volunteers and supplies to people, and the US since the girl that got triple blessed is there and god wants to fuck around. Without a nutjob like hitler in charge, all it takes is for one front to collapse and the empire offers a surrender while they can still get terms without total occupation.

As for the info blackout, only a few people know of her appearance or actual name outside the empire. So far the only enemy to have seen her in decent conditions, so not in a storm at sea right after some explosions, and lived was the mage commander of the french, and that's assuming he lives to the end of the war. And no one actually knows any of her titles or name outside of devil of the rhine so far. There might be more in coming chapters but the number is probably going to stay under double digits, so it'd be unlikely for foreign nations to have detailed reports. All the info they have is likely what they got from the empire after it surrendered and had it's military intel and whatnot either looted or offered up in the surrender which was likely censored by the people in the empire first. There are quite a few possible reasons for those in the empire covering it up though. Tanya would likely be considered a war criminal, or at least treated like one judicially, after the war from burning down the city of arren alone, let alone what she ends up doing to communists. She could also just call in a bunch of favors since she has connections with most of the upper brass that knows more than her name and unit number, or they could have just done it to save their own asses for being associated with her. Hard to say in that regard.
there's some mental fuckery going on, so the empire may not surrender even backed into a corner

Dex-chan lover
The art and individual theaters are so beautiful to read, but the knowledge of what happens after the end is rather infuriating.

Even though, it's much more obvious as each major player continues to slip through the cracks and 203rd gets another buff to compensate, it's still crazy to watch the gradual collapse due to the human disconnect...

However, it gives up chapters in the 100(s), so I really can't complain that much.

Dex-chan lover
I suspect noone actually cares (at least I don't, really), considering the pages were untranslated anyway. But it's against MD rules to have your credits-pages in the middle of the chapter like you did (specifically, you had a couple before the untranslated pages at the end). So might want to fix that up quickly.

I presume, it's an inside joke for the people in the army/general staff who came up with this list, to separate Tanya's achievements into two separate people (i.e., "This is Degurechaffe, our strongest and second strongest mage") to show that no one even approaches her level.

One when she signs hymns (Minstrel) and one regular Tanya, because when she hymns, she easily slaughters far more than her regular self does.
It's not an insdie joke , Minstrel is one of top 5 empire mage , an ace of aces , also Lieutenant Colonel Deborah that fight in the southern camping is one of top 5 empire mage too , nickname "Sword of Light"

Dex-chan lover
I think it will be revealed that Tanya is taken in by Allied forces (likely the Unified States) which is in character for her and her maniacal dedication to her own safety. It would also explain how there are scant records of her even in other nations outside the empire, as the US stand in would likely be a world super power after the war and would be able to lean on other nations to keep them quiet .

Dex-chan lover
That was an awesome chapter, I love it when we go to the future and learn a few things. Thanks for the chapter and translation

Power Uploader
honestly wondering how the Empire loses this.
unless Being X eventually gives up and declares it Tanya's win and withdraws her, leaving the Empire to lose.
So, read most of the LN. When I stopped we are deep in the Russian war. It is going badly for the empire. They are winning but they can't cover the area with enough troops. Manpower is running incredibly low so much that Tanya does what Germany did and combines half divisions to make units but even then they are suffering in good leadership and command. Most people that were good are long death. Resources are running out and there is not enough to keep the offensive going. They are trying to make a new Russian government that wants to fight against the communists. Mostly to increase the manpower problem. But the US is getting involved and they are adding new tech but the most problematic mages that the Russians lack. Also don't read the LN it is bad in my opinion. Like fight scenes are nearly not described and 95% of the story is how bad communism is and how great the capitalist system is. It gets really tiring to read the 10th rambling in a chapter about socio-economic policies.

So in short if you did not read the spoilers. There are just not enough people or resources to keep fighting. The empire needed a decisive win. That did not happen and in the end they will lose.

Fed-Kun's army
I think it’s kinda cool how they are aging Tanya up without making it a focal point, she is older than she was in the beginning of the story and you can tell without it being a whole chapter or half chap.

Dex-chan lover
I suspect noone actually cares (at least I don't, really), considering the pages were untranslated anyway. But it's against MD rules to have your credits-pages in the middle of the chapter like you did (specifically, you had a couple before the untranslated pages at the end). So might want to fix that up quickly.
You can increase the chance that uploaders see helpful comments like yours by pinging them in your comment (via "@" followed by the user name). In this case the uploader is the user "Kendama". I assume this doesn't work if one tries to edit the ping into the comment afterwards, though.

Double-page supporter
I haven't read the WN but this top five ace-of-aces of the Empire thing is definitely not in the LN, at least not so far up to volume 5. So I'm curious who the other three are, especially the Minstrel who has a higher kill than White Silver/Devil of the Rhine herself.

Of course, it's also possible that the list is continuously updated. So say that up to this chapter Tanya still tops the list. But if she somehow landed a more rearline job once the Eastern Front began, someone could've surpassed her in that period. Maybe one of her subordinates even? Or maybe the Minstrel is just how the Federation calls her but the Empire named "her" for propaganda purpose.

Honestly who knows

Users who are viewing this thread