Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu - Vol. 4 Ch. 16.4 - Another Saintess Part 4

mr prince seems to be tipping the scales from codependency enabler to control freak

Ohhhh!! A second heir has appeared! He looks more capable than the first prince, I want him to inherit the throne.

Thank you for the translation!!

Well, maybe I have completely forgotten the truly vile transgressions of Prince Kyle, which makes him a villain, but I like him. He is not very bright, he is overprotective, but he has unique charm in him. He is not a typical rotten prince, who actively bullies and torments people. He genuinely cares for Aira, shielding her from entire world. I want to know more about him, about his past, his views on life and so on.

what if the court mage checked the status of Aria?

that would be intresting but Sei would then be reveled as the true saint /be forced to revel her staus so that wouldn't end well

Dex-chan lover
@Qelix : you do realize the translator is behind right, raws are at ch 20.2. why that is not your first thought is beyond me.

@KingRagnarok150 :
what if the court mage checked the status of Aria?
He did, they had separate appointments. The king wants to know who is the saint, and isn't going to not check. Aria's status did not say she is not the saint, and to many records have been destroyed to use the appraisal to remove her.

the question is why did sei never mention that she would like to meet the other saintess, they are both from japan so they would have been most comfortable with each other, does the young saintess not know of sei's existence in that world? does the King not intend to get them together or hit his son for angering the real saintess? does the king even have power dont seem like it because he cant even controll his son? why is the prince so hostile towards his fiancee?

Dex-chan lover
@KingRagnarok150 they already know. Sei has a unique quality to her magic that Aria does not have, it was a few chapters ago when they visited the head sage. All the high ranking people already know Sei is the Saintess and Aria isn't. It's just they haven't told anyone else yet, not even Sei.

They should really get the King involved. Even when Sei was pissed the fuck off with Kyle, the King had to step in and apologize.

Dex-chan lover
@Mojo: True, but those titles had been in the making and the authors needed that time. Imagine the HP titles would have been japanese titles released from 1997 to 2007 in Japan. And an international release in English would have started in 2002 (after a publisher noticed the hype in Japan). Now imagine they would have taken their time from 2002 to 2012 to release it outside of Japan, always 5 years behind... I'd believe, there would have been quite a few death threats, that would have been send around. Of course you'd expect, that the first books would be releases within a course of 2 year until they would catch up. And this is talking about novels. Mangas do have less text to translate. And Novels like Harry Potter and Game of Thrones do not face such a large threat of competition, once the become big enough. Fads in manga-fandoms change much faster. Especially, if the title isn't around for some time.

Dex-chan lover
@Naminator : Because she does not want to meet that thing??? Also, the king is not acting because if he did the crown prince will effectively lose his chance for the throne as it will be to big a black mark (considering that the Saint ranks on par with the King socially, that is not an understatement)

Dex-chan lover
@sjmcc13: I guess she/he also took her/his time. Nonetheless, there are enough examples of decent scanlation works, that took only a few months to translate 50+ chapters. As I understood it, they want to release Vol 1 in December. I guess at that speed we have chapter 17 available in maybe 2 years? That's quite the gap. I don't believe, that many readers here, (I mean those who would actually buy the title) will be still aware of the title's existence.

Dex-chan lover
@Qelix : There is a 4 month gap between ch 14 and 15, with the translator changing. The series was effectively dropped and picked back up. The new translator has done 2 chapters in the last month.

Plus not every translator has the same release rate, and they fall behind all the time especially when they take on too many projects (like the previous translator) . You just noticed something and ranted to look smart rather then checking applying occam's razor and checking to make sure that the idiotic flaw you saw was valid, and the last comment is still doing so.

Resident Yuripig
Contributor
@Qelix and @sjmcc13
7 Seas is one of the smaller publishers in the manga industry. They don't have the deep pockets that Yen and Kodansha and Dark Horse do. They only have so much capacity and translators and editors to get things out. They've explained this many times before to answer the very questions you guys are asking. They go as fast as they can. It's not a problem with wanting to satisfy the fans, it's a problem of production speed. Granted, they're much faster than they were 5 years ago because people have bought their stuff and they're more successful and can afford to hire more people now than back then. However, they're still small compared to the other guys.

Dex-chan lover
...I'm, uh, starting to question the prince here. I thought he was just a shitty moron, but Aira is starting to feel... groomed. It doesn't feel like ignorance anymore.

Dex-chan lover
@Naminator Sei actually seems to have managed to integrate herself extremely well with the people of this world so she probably has no specific desire to meet the other girl though earlier chapters did show she was on her mind from time to time. As for Aira a few chapters ago it was stated she didn't notice there was someone behind her and the Prince took her away right away. It went by so fast even the people in the room where perplexed.
As for why the King is not putting the brakes on his son I'm curious too, a lot of trouble could be avoided if someone with authority (like ... well the king) have nice long "words" with him. It doesn't even need to be some public thing but calling him in and talking can't be that hard. Maybe the Novel went into more detail here.

Dex-chan lover
Hope the prince goes down in flames. I mean, feudal authority can get pretty messed up as a baseline, but that's some seriously manipulative d-baggery right there.

Fed-Kun's army
...looks like the plot could use some more gas in the tank. Kinda dragging along on fumes...

Users who are viewing this thread