The Savior's Book Café in Another World

No mater how many times I re-read it, I still enjoy it. Everything about this is wonderful, and aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAA!!! It's just so great I don't know how to explain it. Thank you guys/girls for your hard work!!

For those wondering about the pace, this was a oneshot light novel. The ending was also quite abrupt, but everything starting from the engagement was part of the epilogue / the extra. Curious to see where the story goes!

I don't get it why the rating is so high,
Cliche predictable characters, story, romance.

Half-thought world construct so convenient because it's "isekai", with nonsense unexplainable magical phenomenon because they're "magic" that god gave them so you should just accept everything at face value.

So little struggle, of everything. Since MC got everything she wanted that she might as well be isekaied female Aladdin and God is the gave-unlimited-wishes-genie.

They mention "Book cafe" in the title but in the story it's not relevant except as a single time use only tool to so predictably introduced romance to the MC, since well,
where the heck is the other customer ?? Why weren't she worried that there aren't any..? because it's already served it's purpose to introduce her to the pretty orochimaru there..?
As a kid, i've watched indian soap opera with their weird dancing that has better romance than this btw. That'd tell you how boring the romance is.

I guess the art is pretty decent,
and the only enjoyable thing is the slice of life element which also contain nothing special btw.

With a 9 star rating I was expecting a very good story instead It Is just fluff and zero efforts or challenges for the protagonist, very disappointing.

Just started chapter 1. The manga seems to have an angle of having a logical japanese protagonist, a 30 year old intelligent salary woman. Immediately she had a flaw where she didn't once shudder at the thought of being a savior. Once the God started saying things like magical fighting prowess, I immediately thought she may have to participate in genocide. I can't think of a single isekai'ed protagonist who didn't like the idea of killing. Too many isekai summoned heroes have murdered entire races for justice. It just seems like generally, the worlds the authors conceived of is too shallow because those people are written in a way like they deserved it.

I really enjoyed this. Minimum drama along with little misunderstandings made this an enjoyable read. This is a very simple and cute story.

@blbiblbi
... Are you okay?
Well you see, people like shoujo mangas, so they generally don't fall behind 8 and at rare cases 7.
This isn't a fight/grind isekai.
I recommend you to take a look on some "shounen" mangas.

But i also agree the manga have a score that doesn't seen according to the story.
It is 8.3 in my opinion, since they rushed things here.
But still good for a rushed shoujo manga.

@Kideuz This is the same self insert power fantasy as the rest of them, it doesnt change anything that she is not actually fighting.
Its still the same self insert bullshit where people can imagine themselves to be better than everyone else yet they have to be given bullshit magical power instead of a personality or even a movitation because even in a power fantasy they cant imagine themselves as a hero without bullshit god powers being shoved up their ass.
Shitty "Twist" Isekais where they change one detail in the most played out fantasy story inagineable are more overplayed than standard Isekai.
This is offensively putrid, and I hope everyone here is cursed with better taste so that rhey also have to see how much 90% of the new releases are unbearable garbage.

It’s short and cute, I like it 🥰

but I totally agree that would be more people in that cafe. If it’s going to be more chapters there will be space to put two or more new chapters (one could be a child) and develop them

This was a good cliche type simple cute story and the pacing was also pretty good until the last chapter.They rushed that so much.

Dex-chan lover
from now on i wont trust scoring system anymore if there was Shoujo on tag....

I could only guess god would send another savior to the world for a new arc

Cute and wholesome. But honestly tho the ending was rushed. Build-up was good but the sudden stabbing act was rather cheap, not properly staged. Again the MCs could definitely use more chemistry before the engagement.

Cute and short (especially for shoujo). Not sure what's the point of continuing the story though.

Users who are viewing this thread