The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 1 Ch. 56

Dex-chan lover
Like some of ya'll, I really hope that the MC won't needlessly gain [[LEVELS]] and [[SKILLS]] and turn the pacing of this story into garbage.
I thought he'd become the mega-skele that we see on the cover by discovering things slowly, using the "skill system" in ways in which he can at least understand. But acquiring the random essence of OP peeps is...So much of an obvious exploit that it leaves a bad taste in one's mouth. The MC should only unfairly gain massive boosts of power, when there's an appropriate level of danger facing him. Otherwise, we're just off on a random power-trip with no purpose. :/

And I think the MC was left alone, because the big armored mofo understood the nature behind the MC. That if it'd have been slayed, it'd just carry its consciousness to its previous checkpoint, and warn his "master" about this entire thing.
It is also possible it had a motive to make the MC stronger, but that is much more veiled in ambiguity than "I know you can resurrect for whatever reason", right now. Also, it'd be a real bummer if the MC actually grew massively stronger thanks to this event.
Skele MC needs to grow strong mostly thanks to his own merit, rather than the overwhelming aid of a system.

Group Leader
This could end poorly... how about some kind of mental corruption by suddenly sucking up dozens of people's essences? Doubt it'll happen though.

I see this mysterious knight has been watching Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works and decided to copy Shirou's Reality Marble for himself.

Fed-Kun's army
This manwha started intriguing but plotwise it's becoming nonsense.

To summarize this whole arc: Introduce a bunch of new characters, kill them off and have Skellymc get powerups for merely observing everything from the sideline and passively do nothing relevant at all.

To anyone is interested the Greek should have been something like "Δεν υπάρχει άλλος χρόνος" or something like that which translates to "There is no more time left".
I guess google translate did it again and instead of giving the meaning of no more to the word "left" it gave it the meaning of direction.

What the hell happened to the pacing of this story? Things used to actually happen at a decent clip, story would progress, events would unfold. But the last several chapters have been mostly just posing from dramatic paused moments and characters posturing while an incredibly slow action sequence unfolds. This whole confrontation that's been going on for so many chapters would've been over in 1-2 if it happened in the first half of the run.
Hell, this was an entire chapter where literally the only things of any note whatsoever that happened were:
*Attack misses skeleton, foe leaves
*Window appears, he puts a sword in it
*Essence appears, he may or may not absorb it

At this rate the whole next chapter will just be a sequence of him absorbing the essence from 40 different angles in slow motion.

I bet that Overpowered Knight dude is actually the one hot muscle girl from the tournament arc! And she will become our skeleman's new waifu!

Fed-Kun's army
I liked this series at the beginning but its been going downhill lately...

I was hoping for a Rezero type of story but all I am getting is "nothing really matters"

Dex-chan lover
Greek is probably supposed to mean "There is no time left. Leave." except it's been autotranslated from korean to greek

Dex-chan lover
@Solipsist
The MC should only unfairly gain massive boosts of power, when there's an appropriate level of danger facing him.
How does appropriate levels of danger justify unfair gain of power exactly? That would be just deus ex machina and bad writing.

I hope he will not absorb those EXP points because I believe strength should be earned and not given. Otherwise what's the point of the struggling when you can get the reward doing nothing?

Users who are viewing this thread