The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 11

It is actually getting better!!! Thank you!!! Nevermind the they are just jealous people.

wow, your translations are getting so much better! thank you for your hard work <3
Also, ignore the people who keep bashing your grammar, if they hate it so much they can wait for DnA scans version why create unnecessary drama?

Thank you for translating but also there are plenty of dropped webtoons or really really slow updated webtoons you could have done. It's fine if you like this webtoon but the original group wasn't updating it _that_ slowly so there really was no reason to take over. But also the original group was only translating it once a month so if they're too busy it might be best to collaborate or something

@Imagi First of all, NNG did apologized. And from what I got from their comment, is that they were trying to explain things on their side. They literally did not blame DnA for anything nor 'put things in their mouth'. Rather, they were apologizing for the mistakes they made, why they first thought it wasn't an issue, and were offering a solution that most can hopefully agree to.

Yes, as you said strongly, that their actions can be considered as disrespectful by many. But again, they are just a new scanlation group doing this for practice. In my opinion, it's quite harsh to blame them for not making the best choices regarding this scanlation community, especially when they're new.

I understand that you're unhappy, and I hope that this comment will not anger you further but instead achieve further understanding on both sides. Again, hope this will be resolved soon.

@Agathafk You guys are heroes.
Reminds me of back when I was a kid, we didn't have these scanlator cartels that wanted to control everything.
Used to go to the library during our school lunch, take our PB&J sandwiches, and scanlate a few chapters of whatever we wanted.
Didn't need to kiss any butts or get permission, didn't need some amazing high quality or extensive resume.
I can see your passion towards this work, old group didn't have it, just wanted the glory, that's why they didn't mind sitting on a massive backlog of chapters.
Sat around with their thumbs up their butts. Threatening message on the first page not to "Steal their work".
Keep doing what you're doing young ones you've brought joy to these old bones.
Claude Forever!

Dex-chan lover
unlike you guys i read this manhwa for the drama, and this is getting interesting

I'm disappointed that you chose the easy way out by not posting chapter 1-4, and the fact that you're saying that if you did that you'd have to delay future chapters honestly seems like a huge lie considering how you're releasing chapters at a fast rate anyway, so the "delay" you say would happen wouldn't be that big anyway.
Saying they're lying about a delay and then acknowledging that there'd be a delay... 🤔

I don't get how you thought that since they didn't contact you from when you posted chapter 5 means you could upload chapter 6, since they're people too and they can be busy.
Obviously you can both work on the manhwa at the same time, but at least realize that you've made a mistake by not starting to upload chapters from chapter 1
This sounds like bull simply because I've seen groups do that, and get hate comments for doing old chapters rather than new chapters. No one has any obligation to even wait for a response before they upload chapters anyways, and since it was already done, it could have been uploaded regardless of what Devil and Angel Scans could say.

The only real option here where no one gets any hate, is if No Named Group simply did not scanlate this at all.

DnA Scans never said anything about "owning" the series, don't go putting words in their mouths
And this is just a scummy statement period as this is always the situation with multiple groups on one series, someone was there first, someone came after. The one there first is always defended as owning the series even if no one says it that way.

@Agathafk usually when you see multiple groups translate the same language simultaneously, it is because they have come to an agreement to do a some for of collaboration. Sniping is frowned upon in communities like this, especially since it often involves MTL groups trying to earn attention by posting before non MTL groups can with quantity over quality.
This becomes an issue when the non-MTL group abandons it due to lack of readers, and then when later down the line the MTL group also abandons since they lose readers due to poor tl quality, the translation is left unfinished.
While yes, in this specific situation there is enough readers for both TL groups to warrant continuing, that is often not the case, which is why this etiquette exists in the first place.
This problem is more noticable in novel translation, which is why the novel community cracks down on sniping a lot more, but the reasoning behind why its common coutesy to not snipe a TL applies accross mediums.

A large reason behind why you recieved so many "hate" comments after your last chapter was due to the way youve responded to the whole situation. Notable examples being your endcard for chapter 10 taunting by saying "We know you're reading it anyway ;)" and your use of "claude forever" to drown out the comments. Frankly, you shouldnt expect your comments to be all sunshine and rainbows if you guys are gonna act like that.

These are my $0.02, feel free to reply if you want, you dont have to though. I gotta go so I can fail my upcoming physics final, hooray! Have a good day everyone.

Arghh I'm raging hella hard - Ivona don't fall for Gasball's bullshit. I hope they all get their comeuppance soon!

Thank you for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
lol when did this elitist mentality in scanlation groups start anyway? what, you can't translate something because it's "disrespectful" to the other group? I guess the author must be okay with their work- oh wait, they're the same! oops! So all of this shitshow is because "their feelings are hurt". At the end of the day, everyone here is a "pirate", you have no right to hog webtoons because "you did it first" and the majority cares just who release quicker.

I just wanted to stop by and appreciate your work and quick updates! The grammar has drastically improved and the redraws are well done too. Thank you so much for your work!

I really wish more people approached the topic of sniping differently. I wish this could have worked out if they were made aware you weren't intentionally trying to steal their translated series. In fact, if they're slower in updating, joining/doing a collaboration with you would have probably been a better move to ensure there aren't any bad feelings on either side. I hope more groups start bringing on the mentality of joining forces with others rather than being against them. I hope everything has cleared up though! Keep up the great work ♡

Thank you for the quick releases! Personally I am glad that you picked this up. I usually read all available versions, but I'm not picky on accuracy. I don't really understand the politics that have developed around scan groups, but I don't like the idea of not being able to compete. Let the readers choose what they want to read.

@JoshuaFord Thank you for your very notably civilisied comment. You do have a point. I will say that their actions are understandable as they are a new scanlation group. They also mentioned that they did not know the term sniping until recently. In my opinion, we can't choose what we love. If something is already dedicated to, i can understand that it's hard to be abandoned after (especially if one is passionate). I'm sure this can be solved with proper communication and now that NNG has taken a step (after DnA's), hope that an understanding between two groups can be met soon. Also, good luck with your Physics exam! 😊🙌🏻

Regarding your second comment, i have no experience with snipers but i hope this drama is truly due to a misunderstanding rather than sniping with intention for attention. :(

Reply to third comment: I hope you're right! 😊 Thanks for replying as well. Have a good day too!

@sweet-potato the majority just cares who releases it quick at the start, when youre dozen of chapters down the road, people are gonna start missing better tl quality as plot become harder to grasp. By then the group translating with decent quality will have already quit, and the MTL group will also abandon it because theyll no longer be recieving the attention they used to, so they go to snipe some other project.

What does that leave us with? An unfinished translation with no one willing to translate it.

@Puzzler I'm not so sure that the two groups will reconcile, but at least it seems like both groups have enough supporters that theyre both going to continue to translate. Seems like the story brings in enough interest that we should be fine, fortunately. So I guess we have the author and artist to thank for making a good enough story that 2 groups want to translate it? I mean shit, its at 8.5 stars, thats saying something... Thanks for the reply, have a good one.

Group Leader
“What most of us are angry about is not the fact that you're not good at English, but that by not scanlating this series from chapter 1, you're disrespecting the time and effort DnA Scans put into the chapters. It's completely disrespectful to do that, and how you don't even get it and don't even apologize about it makes it worse.
Again, these scanlations are not legal, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't respect each other, be it a reader or a scanlation group. Yes, you should have contacted them back right away so that the issue wouldn't escalate.“ - @Imagi

Pretty much this. 👆🏻
I wouldn’t be surprised if the original group quits after a while. 🤷🏻‍♀️ The morale does suffer from snipes.

Great job guys!! I love your passion, i dont like the other scanlation group mindset though, and they are slow on translating, it's not like they have a "special" right just because they translated first. Keep on translating, i'll be cheering you guys.
*ps: from some comments, i could suggest that you upload translation from early chapters, so people could choose which translation they want to read.
*pps: i dont mind your quality, as long as it is still understandable.
*ppps: Thank you so much, Love you guys (i love quick realeses by the way)

Users who are viewing this thread