The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 22

@qelix

Thank you so much for the feedback, I really appreciate it. It was all MTL'ed and it was my first time proofreading without a human person to go off of, so I was having a hard time balancing using direct translations versus taking some creative liberties. I definitely agree some of the wording was off- the only counterargument I'll have is for the last point (ending with "please forget me"), where I kept the lines directly in the bubbles that they were TL'ed from. As for the
magic explanation scene.....yeah LOL. That was definitely the part I struggled the most on, since Google doesn't do well with translations that aren't used in everyday speech. Even what I had used was a lot of interpretation, and I'm not sure how accurate it was in general.

If I catch up to raws before a group formally picks the project back up (IDK what happened to no named group, I know they took LNY off but it's been a while when they used to do a chapter a day at their peak), I'll probably take some time to go back at some point and recheck the translations, just to be on the safe side.

@shortmonki @dovelair

Honestly, that'd be greatly appreciated! Do y'all have discords, or (if you'd rather not give out personal info over a man's comments section like me lol) throwaway emails I can contact y'all at so we can talk about it?

@onlyforpractice There's a sweet way to upscale scans, and make them look 100% genuine. Run them through Waifu2x: https://github.com/nihui/waifu2x-ncnn-vulkan

The best part is that it can repair .jpg artifacts, so it will look way better than the original raws if the raws are shitty.

Thank you for the chapter!
And I don't really mind MTL, especially since I have used MTL to read the Mangas too.

I hope this means the drama is over. I want the focus to go back to the manwha.

Dex-chan lover
Legitimately asking, is it spoilers that two people engaged to be married got married?

I have never resonated with the last page so much before. Bless. My thoughts exactly 😭👌💕

*about those saying that is it rly a spoiler if we already know they're engaged → IT IS. Ofc we all know they're going to kiss at some point and get married etc, but what D&A stole from us was the first time excitement of seeing it ourselves IN CONTEXT. Now when we see the scene it'll be 'oh, it's that one scene,' instead of 'THEY FINALLY KISSED NGDHFDJ.' That's the difference. No matter how much you don't care about the spoiler, there are people who do. Please don't invalidate others' feelings because you are indifferent to it. 🥺

Thank you so much!!! I didn’t have a problem reading it, you did a good job! Looking forward to more!

I know it's not much but seriously I thank you from the deep bottom off my heart for filling the gap chapters 💜💜💜

So true. Everyones behavior had been so petty and immature. It just further supports the fact that no one in a pirating industry is acting out of a moral code. It's all for ego's sake and self satisfaction. As readers I hope more of us realise this and leave the fighting between the scantalators.

For the people trying to justify D&A's actions with spoiling readers, yes you can know that it's going to happen in the story eventually and still have the scene be spoiled. It was wrong and petty of them to spoil the scene like that.

Thank you kind stranger, for practice this is really good. If you need help with translating raws msg me and Imma help you translate it.

Thank you so much for translating this few chapters, bless that last page

Fed-Kun's army
thanks for the translations!

here we go laydies!!!! the rebirth of julia keldon!!!! on god she doesnt end up as endgame with ivona eye-

I wish I could just pick this up and be done with all the drama but I don't speak Korean and I'm terrible at drawing.. Best I could do is proofread if someone wants to translate but judging by the last two ppl putting chapters out that's unnecessary

Fed-Kun's army
thanks for the chapter

btw no news from NNG ? did they just stoped translating since D&A are out of the competition ?

I'm probably the only one but I'm glad that the drama happened as a reader. There were only 4 chapters uploaded in 2 months by DnA. Then when NNG came in we got 11 chapters in 12 days from them and a total of 19 chapters within 21 days when adding the other uploads.

I just want to thank you for translating this chapter, esspecially after the past drama.

Users who are viewing this thread