The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

@Luna_Uzumaki777
But i also don't say that faster "meant" better?
I already said i also thought that death and angel scans quality is better, and honestly speaking, i read both if available. If i'm late and dnas already posted then i would actually read theirs. Since i also think translating sfx is important.
And if i have to choose, no probably anyone, work with more quality and work with less, i'll choose the former.
But i am saying that what right do they have, or any illegal translator group to be entitled saying shits like "must ask our permission" *shaking head*..

That's my problem actually.
I repeat, never say faster meant better.
But i chose faster if i can only choose one.
Because if i follow the story it meant the plot is good for me and so the cliffhanger is killing me '_'

That's why i said people should just mind their own business.
Read whatever their brain want and let others do the same '_'

My other problem is sniping thing, it's "rude" to translate what is currently already translated?
It's not rude to illegally translating the author's work which, the author probably never even know or can even imagine?

I would have also been able to see your point had this dnas group don't got all so entitled.

I always like having more versions, so I don't really mind sniping, but I'm also a fan of open source software where you can fork something whenever you want to. But this isn't software of course, I can understand it if they steal your modified images and not do redrawing etc themselves, but if they also do it from raws I don't see a problem with it.

Edit: Ah but I will say I like your version more :p

@uMoonlight Never say that you are insulting though..?

I said don't just said what you think here and actually pm the one you one way or thb other criticized.

I mean, it would be weird if you only criticized here right??

And i don't think people "simply" talk for everyone else.
When one said "everyone" do you really think it meant "everyone" literally?
Most of the times it just meant most people..and it is true that most people do like faster releases better. If not no one woufd read that right?
If most people don't like faster releases better why did they read it?

And if you're talking about me, never putting the other group down because they are slow.
Never say anything that people should compete and this is a marathon.

Can you check back on what i said?
I said they/dna scan have no right whatsoever to be so entitled.
And don't instigate people to not read.
Mind our own business and let whomever read whatever.

Tbh the "we know youre reading it anyways" comment on the other translators latest chapter definitely irked me, im gonna hold off on reading theirs from now on. Originally i was taking a mindset of competition being a good thing, and i had been reading both versions but i am more than willing to wait for the far better quality your translation has if i have to choose, it honestly improves this already interesting story.

I had not realized at the time that they were blatantly ignorong dna scans, and my muddleheaded brain was seeking the instant gratification their fast mtl gave me considering how ive seen far to many translations get "claimed" by translators who translate the first chapter and then wait months before posting another one.

My worst fear is the translation ending up incomplete, so I would absolutely hate to see dna scans give up on this series. Thank you for your hard work!

Are you guys still doing chapter 6-8? I was really holding out hope for your better translated version and didn't want to have to rely on the other group for it :(

You're really not fighting anyone over custody of the reader/fan base. You shouldn't be scanlating here for anyone but yourselves and the desire to share what you enjoy.

It may seem that some came horning in on your project, but really what damage are they doing to you?

Let the quality of two works speak for you. Yours is obviously better. Let the readers take responsibility for themselves as well. It's not healthy to assume that support for one is person means attacking another, please relax and let us read your legitimately better translations.

That all said, there are only three problems with sniper groups.
A) they usually don't stick around as long or are as reliability upload.
B) they're capable of dissuading new readers, but this is something that the reader has to be reasonable for, not any of the translation groups.
C) some one is making money off their work and the sniper group is cutting into that. Should not have to elaborate more on this point.

Be careful of

Hi. I understand how you feel, and I apologize because I thought it wasn't a big deal. Now I pledge (not joking) to not support sniping if I'm aware of that. It's for the same reason that use mangadex, I want to respect other's work .

Thanks for your work

Oh, anyone that wants to.. you can ignore groups on MangaDex as you can users.

I used it for those really bad uploads over on https://mangadex.org/title/21063/mairimashita-iruma-kun

I'd recommend being careful with the function,only use it when you're completely sure.

Thank you so so much for the chapter! And I really hope you will continue to translate despite this no named group also translating now because the English of your work is easier to read and understand. And I read both versions that come out since the no named one is hard to completely understand.

Fed-Kun's army
If you don't want your stuff "sniped" maybe release on a better schedule? If one person with free time can do it faster than your team can then maybe it's time to scale back on how many series you translate. Nobody is making money from this and nobody is forcing anyone to translate/read these. Ya'll sound like 14 year old girls whining that you called dibs on the hot boy first.

If it makes DNA feel any better, I like your quality level way more. Thx for your hard work.

Since I blocked that other unreadable snipe group, could you pretty please do those skipped chapters?

Contributor
Your translations are great. Please don't feel the need to rush or skip to catch up with the sniping group (who are clearly baiting in the end cards I saw in 6-8, so just ignore those trolls)

Oof. And here it is: the infantile "SNIPING IS BAD!!!! HOW COULD YOU SUPPORT THEM!?!?!?"

It's not your artwork, you are literally stealing artwork, that is the base of scanlating. You don't own ANY rights to the artwork that you are stealing, let alone who gets to scanlate it. Sniping is, at its VERY worst, JUST rude. You act as if you have ben personally and irreparably harmed by someone doing their own thing because you feel entitled to being the only person breaking the law to celebrate a particular series. I fully support the independent translator doing this as a pet project to improve their english. You? Should get another hobby if you can't handle the idea of other people doing the same thing as you are. People are allowed to translate what they want to translate, and you don't get to cry to take that right away from others when it is no longer convenient for you personally

@TheXAir
For your information, I did see it. But I've seen the other group's credits as well. I'm not gonna take sides (there's prob more to the surface and I'm not saying who's right and who's wrong but I don't know fully what's going on so I'm not gonna say something i will regret later). You do have a point that communication is pretty much difficult, if not impossible due to the other party. I'm not saying there's more that DnA could have done to resolve this. I'm just expressing my wish that they can talk it out soon. Cuz it's gonna take a lot of hurt to make one of the groups drop this manga. What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread