The Soulless Duchess

First, i'd like to thank the translation made by thegoodplayer for ch21, It is indeed the scanlation we need but don't deserve.

I don't really get why people get hung over "sniping" when the whole practice of scanlation is technically illegal in the first place. Let's just all appreciate the fact (whether it's bad or good scanlation work) that we can actually get these translated for free in the first place.

Isn't the whole point of doing these scanlations was to share to other people a work that they really like to other people to get them interested in it as well to the point that they'll invest in the author so that more works like this gets released? Or is it all about the Patreon money in the end?

Personally, I just want to read it in english regardless if it's MTL or proper scanlation work (which I do appreciate) so kudos to whoever plans on continuing this series despite the drama behind it.

Someone please do something to save this story.

- Maybe time for this website to get some rules [there is a maybe there for a reason for you softies who take everything as a personal attack against you :)]

Contributor
And we got here a perfect exemple of why sniping suck, because the original group (with much better quality) drop the project thanks to the lowquality snipe group, who then drop the serie too after, and then no one is translating it anymore.

Wow, worth it, right ?

@Siquall "courtesy" between translators aside, readers didn't pay for it.. so, what worth?

I for one just glad someone scans/translate stuff for free that I ends up knowing the manga/manhwa/novel series.. If I like it enough, then I might went to the official/ buy the books.

simple question to those who trash talk less-quality translations, why not pay commissions instead? it can help motivate the 'quality' translator way better than just digital likes.. also if the title really worth something to you, why not? right?

@Siquall The translations are a year ahead of where they would have been at the rate DnA was going so I don't think NNG can be blamed even indirectly for ruining anything unless nobody translates any chapters for the next year. Some people are getting so spoiled at this point they're freaking out if they go a day without translations.

@De_Blois Rules like what? The whole point of this site was to have a central place where all the teams could post what they want to translate so readers don't have to go to 100 different websites every day. Managadex is a hub for the Scanlation community not the emperor of the Scanlation community.
Imagine going to a team's website and telling them what they're allowed to translate.
If a team wants their own private clubhouse where they have all the power they can make their own site as many already have and then most people will just end up going to the aggregators to read their work instead.

The player2/player3 drama is clearly manufactured by DnA, both accounts created right before DnA officially dropped the series, both uploading at the same time of day (12:00 UTC) as DnA usually does.
Despite seemingly being trolls they're using the paid non-watermark version of the scans, rather than the free version that "thegoodplayer" is using. Lot of trouble to go through for a troll unless you already bought them in advance like DnA would have.
And they're suddenly stirring up trouble immediately after DnA has "admitted defeat" and posted a spoiler to punish their fans.
It's just a big power trip, DnA had no love for the series and only cares about their pride, would rather sabotage and see the series ruined than let another fan work on it, all the more justification for NNG taking the series on in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
@Siquall It's totally worth it if you can count. How long do you think it would have taken for the original group to release this much chapters? A year? Two years? They'll probably drop it without any announcement halfway through after a year, lol. Oh and don't forget them still being pricks about anyone trying to pick it up after the fact they stopped working on it already.

Someone in the comment section said thegoodplayer is Bucci.
Didn't they snipe Fraudulent Marriage manhwa as No QC?
Everyone's saying bucci is No QC in the Fraudulent comment section. Why would they squeeze themselves in other people's drama?

This drama is getting wild 😂

GLORY TO BISH GOD @perywinkle

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation bandito! You da best. Big dick translation thank you for ultra speed.

wow this title getting so much attention cause of the scan drama. I really can't believe it.

@Freija That's odd. That's a different manhwa because I'm currently reading it. Unless u were originally talking about a different series.

@txmblrgurl that group is like, very blatantly just DnA. Brand new account using almost the same name as the one that just uploaded ch.19 means that, at the very least, the person who uploaded chapter 19 & 21 (but skipped 20) is the same. I can't really imagine ayone other than DnA having a reason to keep stirring up drama like this.

Users who are viewing this thread