The Story of a Manga Reader Site that After Many Trials and Tribulations Reached its 6th Year of Existence!

"And then she had the audaci- ..what the. How the heck did I get here?.. Why is there cake?"
Honestly though, happy belated 6th birthday. Looking forward to the continued enjoyment and success of MangaDex.

Dex-chan lover
Ever since Baoto.to website went under you guys were a shining beacon in the sea of scummy aggregator sites. My heart sank when the hack occured and we were thrown into a limbo once again. I was shocked that you guys were able to rise from the ashes and keep the message board records still intact. Reading my old messages makes me feel as if the site never left and we were home once again.

Dex-chan lover
Been a wild ride so far, but not as much as the comment sections sometimes lol

Here's to many more

Group Leader
Really appreciate this. I like this website a lot that it has become my main. I used to read pretty much exclusively on a local website but the translation quality has dropped so much since they either use app or just rip straight from english. Might as well read English than actual garbage of a scanslation. Here’s to many more good years!

Dex-chan lover
this comment is just going to get outshined and sent into oblivion by hundreds of others, so I will just leave this Steam code here: as if, lolololo sorry buddy, your code is in another castle

Dex-chan lover
Fuck i’m feeling older. All those dead groups, man…sometimes i wonder if Dio is still around, just lurking…

Dex-chan lover
Is it me or a lot of MD staff are weird?

Happy birthday Mangadex!
Bro just realized? Weird fun fact is that back on v3, I'm pretty sure the very first chapter uploaded to MangaDex was loli hentai (/chapter/1) and I didn't realize that people don't actually like crossdressing manga until I talked to someone IRL

Contributor
I will sad once this site inevitably dies too :') Let's hope it continues for at least 10 years

happy birthday MD. i still remember the malicious attack/going dark period, seems like it was only last year :unsure: time flies fr

Supporter
Happy birthday! Thank you to everyone who contributes to this site. This is absolutely the best place to read manga on the internet, and it is a tremendous gift to share the art we love. I wish you all continued success.

On another note, I've been here since 2018, I remember how different the UI in v3 is, before the nuking to start over in v5 (damn you hackers :fml: ) and waiting patiently for months. In hindsight it helped to focus on the overhaul, so that's a good thing to look at it, I guess?

Anyway, Happy birthday MD, here's for more years to come 🥂

P.S. If you need any financial help, I'll happily chip in :smugchisato:

Dex-chan lover
Congrats and happy birthday. Thank you to everyone who contributes to this site.

Users who are viewing this thread