The Twin Siblings’ New Life - Ch. 28

Hmmm... I think his goal is to instil inferiority I the twins, "this was the empress, noble regal beautiful and very loved by the emperor, he must also love the children with her a lot more than bastards from some random woman"
It's easier to manipulate them if they feel inferiority to the brothers and start seeking this kid for affirmation as their "friend", or at least that should be the plan, but the twins are already fully aware of their mother being a shitty person and even though the emperor remains a mystery to them, at least the brothers have shown honest, if confused, care.

Dex-chan lover
I think he's going to push the agenda to make them feel inferior too hard and they'll just go "Wow, you're an awful child, who taught you that" and then just give him the cold shoulder and manipulate him via false childishness and making him flustered because they're acting like children but they're clearly looking down on him.

@Moraza yeah I can't help but keep thinking about a character's "mental age" since they always make it seem like an important element in the beginning. The "Kid's Brain that has had an Adult stuffed into it" is a good way to think about it tho since most of these isekai stories are decent if it weren't for the weak point of "mental age" in the plot. At the same time tho if they were gonna make them act like their physical age but have the "knowledge of a 20+ year old" I always wonder why not just stick to the MC remembering memories of their past life as like a dream or something instead of literally putting a 20+ year olds soul in a lil kids body

I feel like he's not a kids I feel like he's already an adult but somehow in disguise being kids form maybe

@Moraza
Wow that makes a lot of sense actually. Depending on the series, I always thought of it as either two souls meshed together (so while they have the memories of an adult/older person, they are only able to use those memories as a young child) or that the memories came out of a coping mechanism to adjust to the harshness of their life (such as I'm a Child of this House or Ascendance; especially considering they seem to have gotten the memories after being born rather then immediately when born/gaining consciousness)

Of course there's always the third option where it really is a throw away detail that authors use as an excuse for a prodigy-type character to become OP

Dex-chan lover
@Moraza
It's literally an literary crutch to explain how a child could have the mental capacity to think beyond its means. Or, in some cases, explains mutations from the story setting's norm.

It's also a catch-all, or scapegoat, for when plot contrivances are questioned. Though, most times it's just a forgotten platform used to get the plot rolling easily.

Did that demon child grin cuz she called him "young master" which a ROYAL should not call a dukes son (imo) or cuz he has the chace to lie some thing up

The brat of a rat is also a rat. Y'all know the old saying the apple doesn't fall far from the tree

The third prince guardian balance his personality out so well 😆😆 guardians are so handsome *ohime-sama laugh*

@Jasmine88

I REALLY like the idea of this sketchy kid being an adult disguised in a child form. Especially with all of the characters in this story that are kids with adult bodies. I like the juxtaposition of an adult in kid body.

When I saw that handsome shady look of that brat in the last panel... I knew for sure....it was time to say.... "Shibatta"

Dex-chan lover
@Elyursi I'mma say, "Yes". The first implied their inexperience and marked them as vulnerable to bullshit because they are lacking as royals.

Nooooo! I feel he is a little scumbag!!
I feel this will be one step forward and two steps back. The emperor wanted them to make a friend but chose a bad person. I actually really want to know the same things she wants to know. The fact that the emperor was involved with such a horrible woman, or why he changed his feelings towards them?. They are right to feel anxious.... i just want them to have a family, a loving family

Users who are viewing this thread