The Twin Siblings' New Life - Ch. 30

Yikes, the emperor messed up BIG TIME. Yeah, they ain’t gonna trust him anymore 😬

Okay, Emperor gets a pass on this one right now. He's having a private conversation with his adult son about the feelings he has regarding his children conceived through r*pe. He's allowed to have those feelings, he's allowed to express them. He didn't know that they were eavesdropping. Honestly, now that we know the circumstances, I can't really blame him for not wanting to see the twins. They are a walking, talking, permanent reminder of trauma. Trauma that he apparently hasn't quite worked through, but is clearly trying to.

So up until now he gets a pass, lets see how he tries to fix things. I really wanna know how the twins react to this information.

I maintain my theory
All of the Imperial Family are reincarnators like the twins. Which is why they go through manifestation, to catch the body up with the mind inside. It also explains why all of the imperial children are prodigies.

The whole plot is just the twins suffering.

If something doesn’t change, I’m going to drop.

I kinda hope the twin can gtfo of that crappy palace now. They're not safe anywhere anyway. The emperor will need to go through a VERY complete redemption arc for him to be a bit likeable. I just hope the author won't brush it off by giving him a crappy excuse like "it's not his fault, he was forced to do it and he's awkward".

Soooo I don't read the novel or raws, but I found something relevant in the spoiler thread on NovelUpdates for those who are curious, directly quoting user @JayKim97--
"The mother, Lulahel, is actually a being close to a half elf, a heibi. She did not sleep with the Emperor but got pregnant of the twins by using the Emperor's blood (not precised how she got it) and her origins as a heibi. She wanted the Empress seat but instead was forced to the Emperor's decision, which is why she made a contract : he cannot approach the twins until she lives. She blames the twins for being the reason why she herself is stuck"
Okay.... while that did not make a lot of sense to me (perhaps partially due to the grammar), I'll leave it here for those who are just as confused as me as to how the hell he impregnated her without "sleeping" with her. At this point, I can just say -- fiction logic, until I've seen the explanation myself when the manhwa gets up to it.

Thanks to the scans team as usual! I'm not convinced with the plot but still enjoying it a lot, can't get enough of doting brothers.

Meo

Dex-chan lover
So...they miss the entire first part of the conversation but managed to eavesdrop on the killing them before birth part.

I hate manga where drama is solely created from misunderstandings. If this keeps up...I'm going to have to drop this due solely to the frustration level

I'm just so tired of all these misunderstandings/miscommunication 😧😧😧😧😧

Dex-chan lover
Okay, well, as a parent, I can see it being hard to explain to your children that the only reason they're alive is that their mom raped you.

F***

Aggregator gang
when it's said the emperor and brothers are experts and kill assassin's how dare fuq do literal children eavesdrop and why is that fuk so emotionally stunted he wouldn't know why that would be upsetting i bet

Fed-Kun's army
If you are going to talk about things like that just close the damn door first!

Nice, now we will never see the red haired guy again. 😔

Thanks for the update!

Dex-chan lover
@Ren_1778 Wow, if the spoilers are true, doesn't it cheapen the Emperor's character writing, like, A LOT?
Ahh, he didn't even physically sleep with her. Ahh, he couldn't even have met them while she was alive. See, he's completely and utterly innocent in any and all regard, so he can proudly be an adorkable father figure from here on without reservations.

Look, it's not that I'm desperately looking for drama, but it's just... weak. Wouldn't it be so much more interesting if this family had to struggle with real internal character flaws instead of this external magic bullshit...

Users who are viewing this thread