The Unofficial Introduction Thread

Dex-chan lover
Teddy,
Was excited to be able to get on Mangadex fast enough to secure this username.
Likes "Iyashikei" or Comedy Slice of Life, even in VR or Isekai: Cause you don't read Slice of Life for the plot.

Contributor
Hi, I'm Shineee. You can find me on MAL and add me there (same username).

I'm not really active on forums but since this is new, might as well try this one and become famous ?

Hello I'm Frenzy. I'm nobody and likes being a lurker. Mostly active on discord even though it seems like people doesn't like me.

I'm Aioli, I read manga.

I wasn't on the Batoto forums, I am not in any real public discords, I have no real idea why I'm even posting on the forum.

Maybe it's nostalgia for my Web 1.0 days, heh.

Contributor
Hi, I'm Letheliah. I enjoy watching people try to say my name on Twitch streams.
[And I'm with MysteryGirl; sigs when? ;) ]

Hello! I'm semicharmed! I was on batoto under the same username! Though I was mostly a lurker, I loved that place. But there's always time for new beginnings! I'll try to be more active in the community!

Hello I'm Naimi. I am relatively new to mangadex and I just found the site when I was lurking on r/manga.

I love all cute, fluffy and slice of life manga, examples being: gochiusa, new game and senryuu girl. I also have a somewhat of an absurd interest in gender bender manga, which is by the way the pinnacle of fiction.

Contributor
Hey, I'm Raycu. You'll see me wasting my life and complaining about isekai.

Hello, I'm Kokun. I never really used Batoto but I vowed to follow a rightful path and decided to switch to mangadex.

I joined Batoto in 2013. Reading manga helped me (partially) recover from a severe depression. Moved here once the feature set and manga catalog got rich enough. Still wish there was a "mark all chapters as read" feature, for stuff with hundreds of chapters that I've already read.

I like some SF, supernatural, horror and slice of life from men's magazines, as well as some award winning and/or humor series from shoujo or shonen pubs. My favorite tend to be from josei pubs. (slice of life, humor, horror, romance) because the characters and their situations seem more authentic and interesting to me. Oddly, josei romance with a western author and a Japanese artist almost always leaves me cold. Too much like the formulaic 'bodice rippers' that fill shelves of grocery store book sections here in the U.S. perhaps.

I've enjoyed some action anime over the years (Crest of the Stars, Inuyasha, Bleach, Ghost in the Shell, EVA, Cowboy Bebop) but don't much enjoy their manga versions, nor other action manga. Dropped Fairy Tale after a couple of arcs, for example. My all-time favorite animated feature is Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, but then I'm a life-long tree hugger with soft spot for magical realism in literature.

hii~ my name's jaz and im a fujoshi and also a huge lazy-ass :> i used to frequent batoto too (to upload project releases for Moi-xRyu Scanlations and every renamed group after)
i used to be under the alias of "xryuchan27" ktnxbye

Hi I'm Saber. I like shiny things, playing games, working out, and all things weeb. I am new to this Scanlation thing, so feel free to bombard me with hints and tips.

For more information, please contact us using the following Discord 1-800 number: 1-800, Saber#3413.

Thanks and have a great day.

Heyo! Just your friendly Oni, oniKino, saying Hi ( ・ω・)ノ

Came from Batoto with the same name, I like fuzzy Slice of Life mangas the best. I am a firm believer in the saying that "Yuri is the purest form of love" ( =_=)b

Hello people. I m Nightwolf. 30yrs old otaku ?The same username I had on Batoto and Mangafox. Nice to meet ya all.

Dex-chan lover
Hey, I'm BlackGeneral.
I spend 80% my days reading manga since I discover Batoto 4 year ago.
The others 20% is my martial art training.
At the age of 19, I still have chuunibyou's relapses.
Your usual weeb in short.

Hey ya'll! You can call me Chrome... or Comet... or both. I should be focusing on my college stuff, but I can't stop reading manga. Please help.

Hi.
Lone Tree. Just outstanding in my field. In Montana. Pretty much don't bother anyone but
can cast my share of dark depending.
Visually impaired Fine Artist. Until 2yrs ago was 'legally blind'.
Could never read comics, then Manga/Manhua/Manwa or
watch Anime - chronic illness made a rare vision anomaly
very bad I was just too sick to notice I couldn't see any more.
Boring story, against all odds began getting better.
Vision improved. Not threading needles but much better.
While sick, (still am actually) found a way to read manga online
w/laptop/software/etc. & discovered a way to watch Anime!
Which I hated because made me physically sick to watch. (fps)
Have been devouring everything I can get my hands on ever since.
In a year I have been up to my armpits in all of it and ... not all good.
I hope to be able to have fun, maybe meet other artists & ask questions
because I know my limited understanding of other cultures/countries
is limited (I did say from MT via GA) and I'm struggling to understand
important aspects of Manhuas/Manhwas that don't make sense to me.
I hope I can ask here. Not all Manga sites are all that 'friendly'.
I do Love me some Yaoi, & Shounen Ai, so there's that.
I'm really too old to be this into Manga but too sick to give a damn who
knows it any more. At the same time, I hate older people who pretend
to be something they aren't and well; it's hard enough for me to just ... be.
I'm here for the Art form, storytelling, etc. (and other bits) ?
Just another derp without a clue who'll do my best to stay out of the way.
Please take care of me. I may trip over stuff on occasion.

Oyo! I'm new here. Maybe I'll remain active or maybe I'll lurk; only time will tell! *ghostly wooooo*
I'm friendly enough I think so if anyone has any questions just lob a message my way.

Users who are viewing this thread