The Unofficial Introduction Thread

Dex-chan lover
hi
:)

I will read, prettyyy much everything except for BL / yuri tags... I used to watch a ton of anime, old, new, in between, but sadly I have stopped getting crazy over anime as I find the new anime releases complete and utter shit.

I like escaflowne, as in for me it's rewatchable material... same as cowboy bebop, trigun, eureka seven, a couple more.

what I like the most is when there is actual human character developments in stories, and real humans have sex too and fight, which brings to what I hate the most... fucking beta male MCs.

I have a list with manga full of alpha male MCs that have sex with their waifu(s) if they got more than one, I share it with people that send me PM and end up friending me...

Dex-chan lover
Hey! I didn't know we a got a new mod! Hello there I guess @woulez

Eh? What? This forum supposed to be about introducing myself?
Nah... I don't wanna.
Though I thought it might be cool if people took notice on the new mod.

An old man gave me a sharp object for my journey
Staff
Super Moderator
Yes, Hello there!

I'm a new moderator on MangaDex that started my trial period on Monday the 20th of May.
I've refrained from introducing myself in an official capacity atleast until I know if I pass the trial, provided I DO pass, I will do a more official looking introduction of myself. :)

Best Regards
Woulez

@woulez Sup!

I guess i never introduced myself here, let's throw some random bits.

0025932.jpeg

>be me
>Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz
>i live in EU
>internet cultured meme stealer
>dealer and serviceman of garden and fire fighting equipement
>most of the things i sell are made in taiwan, philippines, us of a rarely europe
>the moment i see made in prc or china i will never buy/sell it 'gain
>one day i will go crazy thanks to all my clients(some ppl are dumber then bicks)
>these days rarely have time but i do enjoy playing strategy and rpg games
>reads fantasy, scifi books and manga while listening to music
>BL is out of question, gay as fuck
>listens to metal, rock, blues, sea shanty and irish, scottish pub songs
>sometimes watchs anime
>my favorites are(Hellsing Ultimate, Code Geass, Steins;Gate, Trigun)
>drinks a lot, my poison of choice is porto and single malt scotch whisky
Name and picture unrelated

Group Leader
Hey fellow, uh, people. I'm Vasko, a person. It's my first time joining an active community, so for my first I picked MangaDex. It's been pretty nice for the few hours I've been on here. Hope we don't kill each other, yes?

Good day! My name is Francis! I am a simple anime and manga enthusiast. I will read and watch anything as long as it’s good. I also have a thing for anime girls with guns (Yes, I have played girls frontline).

//bump

Mabuhay!
I'm euls, I've been to batoto also but I was more of a lurker there.

>Capricorn
>from southeast Asia (Philippines), I'm an asian
>milk is my fav drink besides water
>my fav animals are cats, dogs & dolphins
>I enjoy all kinds of music but recently I've been listening to k-pop, lo-fi, R&B, indie/alternative/funk rock & heavy metal.
>I stan IU 아이유, I'm a Uaena
>♥ 's boy pablo
>a part of the NINE YEAR OLD ARMY :'))
>I play online games!!!! (MMORPGs) and otome games from time to time
>a hoe for bishounens & shotas
>asides from reading mangas, hentais & watching animes, I also read light novels for the sake of knowing what's going to happen next after the latest episode/chapter.
>a fan of One Piece. I'm a hoe for ace & marco
>dislikes yaoi but likes yuri. YURI IS LIFE folks
>I enjoy all sorts of genres except yaoi If they excite me, then I'm in.
>@euls at MAL

let's all get along well c:
Enjoy reading!!

I'm d-feather. I have very strange interests, and I'm not going to talk about a lot of them here. I am a gamer, however, and I spend most of my time playing with Doom mods. I use Steam, albeit not as much as I used to because of all those Doom mods.

I sometimes write my own strange fanfics, most of which involve me, my Pokémon Moon team, and its motley crew of assistants, non-Pokémon members that consist of the eight Animal Crossing Villagers from Super Smash Bros., my Animal Crossing: New Leaf persona whose town no longer exists, and my first Splatoon OC who's an Inkling. My team has had predecessors that involved my Pokémon Black, Black 2, and X playthroughs, but they're irrelevant now.

Outside of the PC, I sometimes play Splatoon 2 on my family's Switch, but only through my brother's profile because he's the only one with Nintendo Switch Online; even then, all I do is look at people's posts, buy equipment, and very rarely--if at all--actually play the game. I often play Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on my Switch profile, but, as I said, only my brother's profile has Nintendo Switch Online, so I can't really do much with other people.

Dex-chan lover
Introduction thread
with introduction haiku.
Hello and well met!
NXiHkLo.png

Fed-Kun's army
Can you believe it? I've been on MD for months, commenting freely under manga chapters, and it didn't occur to me until now to look in here! I wasn't trying to be unsociable, honest. So, anyways, I'm Pentium MMX, after the Intel® processor that was released in the 90s. Like a lot of folk here, I used to frequent Bato.to when it was around.

I like a variety of manga, and I have a creator-centric tendency; that is, I usually get "hooked" by something specific in an individual mangaka's work, be it the artstyle, characterisation, flair for humor, plot inventiveness, and so on. This often leads to me reading most of a mangaka's output, and looking through the other titles offered by the related scanlator group. It's an organic, laid back approach, which suits me just fine.

I'm also into computer gaming. Of late I've been leaning heavily into "story rich" games -- no surprises there. The levels of creativity and finesse in that category seem to be approaching that for which manga is known, IMO.

Group Leader
Well, I'm not very good at introductions so here I go
Hello, I'm Shinjinotikari17, owner of the scan group called the L5 Project, also credited as L5Fanatic in some scans. What I do in my own group is I clean the bubbles and simple SFX and Typeset the rest, and I use my digital RAWS for my projects. (I can also Clean and Typeset for other projects if you need any help and gain more standing in the scan community.) My dream is to have every bit of Level 5 related bit of media translated into english, not just manga but Drama Cds, Info you can only find in Magazines, Novels, etc.

My tastes in Manga and Anime in general leans more to the Kodomo side of things, with a side of shounen, and unless the manga are made by the classics like Tezuka, Nagai, Ken Ishikawa, Dynamic Pro, Shotaro Ishinomori, Shigeru Mizuki, Mitsuteru Yokoyama, or related to either of the above. I avoid Seinen and some Josei like the plague, unless someone tells me to read it cause it's either popular, read more stuff to get better taste, or I think you really like it kind of deals.

If you have interest in joining my group (I really need JP to ENG translators right now) start a comment thread on the L5 Project page or click on the Discord link and talk or DM me here, or contact me on Tumblr cause I'm the most active here. Thanks for reading anyway have a good day.

Dex-chan lover
I'm Kaldrak.

I might argue with you about stuff, or post little mini reviews of manga I like. I'm an incorrigible yuri fan.

Hello. I'm Juliko, though my real name is Julia so feel free to call me that. I like anime, manga, games, all that stuff. It's nice to meet you all. I hope I won't be any trouble to you.

Dex-chan lover
I'm Tamerlane, named after a great patron of the arts who was also a Turcko-Mongolian warlord responsible for the deaths of 17 million people. (No those two things are not directly related, and don't worry I am nothing like Tamerlane irl)

I personally like history, literature, art, etc. so I kinda just branched off into manga and anime from there.

Remember there are no mistakes, only happy accidents...

Dex-chan lover
I notice a few of the more memorable batotonian have introduced themselves her quite a while back...

I'm not really my username. People would know me as Taka, or Youma, Yaomo, Daimaou-sama, or whatever else I would have used back in the day.

The reason I'm here is mostly that my life has gotten even more busy than it was when I stopped reading manga. That doesn't make much sense, does it. But when stressed out, manga helps me calm down. That's just how it is.

Or I should really say that I stopped reading manga with a real storyline. Never stopped reading H.

Double-page supporter
I'm Nicholas (19), aka KilljoyNik. I'm in love with books, manga, and music above all else. I workout everyday, both because I want to look my best and because I'm afraid of what will happen to my body in 20 years if I don't. I wonder what it feels like to be happy (is happiness just a capitalist lie?) and would question the meaning of life if only such a thing existed. I want to spend the rest of time and space in a dome shaped hole in the ground with tree roots for walls looking up at the unchanging moon until the universe implodes or I lose my sanity.

Users who are viewing this thread