The Villainess Is a Marionette

@UniYuki would you date your stalker? or even like someone who touched you without your consent?😬 Because that's precisely what our FL did to ML, before she "came back" and started behaving diferently. The comic is rushing it and skipping some of the details that explain why ML disliked FL before.
She would call raphael (instead of Sir kedrey or Sir raphael) "raphy" and other names without asking if he liked it or for permission at best (he is the sucessor to a duchy, just below the royal family), completly forgeting his status and not really caring about his feelings on the matter. She also used the imperial power to summon him several times to the palace, or would make excuses for him to stay and have tea or meals with her. Kept sending him inapropriate letter and so on.
I think the ML was pretty much justified in hating her at that point. "not liking her at her worst" lol, should he have just liked her for being a pretty face? that's what you are heavely implying :/ She was a terrible person before, and now she's working hard to be better and change, and ML is taking notice of it.😄

Side note, both emperors from remarried empress and abandoned empress were abusive, i don't really think they are on the same standard, as raphael never abused FL, he just ignored her.

was trying to edit my comment, but ended up posting a new one which i dont know how to delete :') my bad

@Ashlinsama why would you feel bad? They're taking their time instead of rushing, many groups do their own version instead of leaving off where others ended so they can give a different perspective of translation

I saw so many groups are interested in translating this manhwa. At first I decided to read Parody’s translation because I’ve read a lot of manhwa that’s translated by them. But then after 3 chapters I still didn’t understand the story, it feels like the narration isn’t deep and the explanation is so shallow, I was curious wether the manhwa was really made that way or not, then I decided to check illiterate’s translation. I understand the story much better after that, their translation is on point and the sfx redrawing is nice, too. The downside is only that I don’t like the name-spelling. On that note, Parody’s is better for me because I like their characters’ spelling more, for example Rafael instead of Rafaelle and Jester instead od Yester.

Both translations are nice, but I think parody’s translation works better when the story is already established or the base of the story is already explained properly, since I feel like they’re translating in ‘assumption’ that people already understand the base story, which I don’t. At all. For example,
when I read Parody’s, I didn’t realize that mc has actually been through three lifetime now, which the first is Cayena, Korean girl, then Cayena again. I only realize this after reading illiterate’s one. I find the dialogue where Cayena is going to introduce her maid (MC) to the prince is weird, too in Parody’s, because what would that help with her? But then illiterate’s gives a better translation that enables me to understand that she wants to make MC who’s sponsored by the Duchy he’s trying to suppress as her maid, which will help her have connection with the duchy.

Well, I’m not undermining any team, I’m just speaking from my honest feelings, both are amazing, but I just want to be able to understand the story better. Thank you for reading this long-ass comment until the end. If you feel offended by this, just take it as me being stupid and having low comprehension skill.

Have Parody Scans and Illiterate Bitches thought of doing a collaboration? If they could assign a few chapters to a certain group and alternate it could create faster releases and less strain on the team members.
I've never worked in a scan group so I wouldn't know if this would be feasible or not but if it is, I think it'd be worth a shot!

Either way, thank you for your hard work!

Aggregator gang
I'll be honest, this series does not deserve 3 translating groups devotion. Other than being very pretty, the story is so-so for the genre. I'm actually stumped as to why it's popular to the degree that 3 groups thought to pick it up at the same time. (Again: Other than it being pretty, which I won't deny. The dress designs alone are some of the best I've seen in a Webtoon.)

I wish 2 out 3 of these groups would bite the bullet and find another series to translate. I know it hurts to drop something just because some other group had the same idea but... There's other series. Maybe not as beautiful, but I'm sure there's better written ones. Give those some love.

I find it extremely amuseing watching the scan groups raceing to update the most/fastest. Well APS is leading atm

Dex-chan lover
The art is so beautiful so why are they using those fake hand models. I hate them so much 😩 I don't know why but they're so distracting when you're looking at how nicely everything else is drawn but then you see the fake hands

Code:
otomefreak
i feel the same, I think they rushed to get dibs on the webtoon. I enjoy the mass release, but I think they could give themselves a bit of a break here and there so their quality can be better (and their health too)...like on their other webtoons. or maybe they are doing a challange or something? I mean, 10 chapters to mass release in a week is already a lot, 19 is huuge. I apreciate their work, like this we can better understand the story since the first 3-5 chapters were defently not enough. and i dont complain for 3 groups or how many are there to translate this, everyone should work on what they enjoy since they do so for free. plus, we can understand more of what a difficult job this is and how a different phrasing can change the whole mood of the story and how much we , as readers can understand (this is also crucial, poor translation can make us lose interest).

cnd

@TiaSaintClaire Ahh. I see. For the first one,
I definitely understood that the key simply gave her the power rather than access to a list of maids that was locked up for some reason.
Maybe that's because I've been exposed to that before and that made it extremely obvious to me. But I guess I can see how someone would get confused.

@Lovelyspacepanda lmaoo well you should try reading their translations then... they have the mc's name as raffaello or something😂😂 well since they are doing fan translation im nobody to judge but if they did the untranslated chapters then we will get new chapters thats why i wished for them to do so. and i love your name for some reason

Users who are viewing this thread