The Villainess Is Adored by the Crown Prince of the Neighboring Kingdom - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
@Umbrecola
I suppose it's too much to hope for when it comes to background characters. Still, thanks for the heads up.

Damn... I know its necessary because that just be how it is. But, how come none of these girls that get isekai'd think to themselves to maybe get to know the other one to see if there are ANY inconsistencies? Jeez.

I was like AAAAAAAAA from the fluffy and the heroine just HAD to ruin the moment... maaaaaan, you suck, Akari =3=

Dex-chan lover
As for the effect of the holy light itself
It only confirms that Akari is truly the saint and somewhat a national treasure/asset and giving her some new abilities. This at first make Tiara feel insecure because she is afraid that Aqua will want to have Akari instead due to her holy power. But nothing changes and Aqua still love Tiara while Akari later will abuse her new found power to attack Tiara

Aggregator gang
Sigh.... its this pattern again. The cancerous heroine is gonna keep poking the MC.

Dex-chan lover
@ASmileToProtect

I'm sure as the 'Reincarnated into an Otome Game but...' Genre* continues to develop we'll stat seeing more MCs start actively searching for inconsistencies and have the thought "What if I'm not the only reincarnator!?"

I can think of two examples** where the MC at least NOTICES that the 'Heroine' is also from Earth.... though I could go for more subtle and calculating 'Heroines', instead of these "Look at me! I'm the Heroine! All the Capture Targets belong to me! Shut up and be crushed like you were in the game!" types.

* (In my opinion, 'Reincarnated into an Otome Game' and 'Slow life' should at the very least have there own 'Theme' tags at this point...)
** (The examples (for those interested) are: "I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness Doesn't Mean I'm a Bad Person!" and "I'm Thinking of Quitting the Villainess' Entourage")

It's very sweet but when you give it some more thought I can't help feel like something's missing to really make me feel satisfied with this story. I think because it's a little hard for me to buy Prince Aquasteed's feelings. I know they're sincere in the context of the story but I just feel like the story doesn't really validate them. Essentially it shows him falling in love with her after observing her on her lunch time reading sessions from his perch in the library. Now of course this take place over a period of time but it's not like he can really love her with just that. To me that sounds more like a crush or an infatuation which can get the ball rolling but is not the "love you from the bottom of my heart" stuff. Up until when he helped her at the graduation, did they even have a conversation? Observing someone can reveal certain details, maybe even some traits, but it's not enough to really know them. If someone just spent their time watching me and then out of the blue confessed their love and asked me to marry them I'd be more inclined to think they're a delusional stalker than that they really loved me. I guess it just seems like a bit too much too quick for me.

Overall besides the point for this story, but it just prevents me from really getting into their romance.

@ASmileToProtect With most villainess stories, they are trying to cause inconsistencies to get out of the bad end. Alternatively, things "start" for them at such a point where looking for them is pointless, and they are scrambling to deal with the situation. Quite a few have the heroine be a proper horrible person as well, but that is a different issue.

Double-page supporter
I was just about to ask what the 'heroine' was up to since she obviously was up to shit with both princes, but the ending shows that they haven't forgotten her.

@Aeriandra My thoughts exactly. Something about the way their relationship progressed doesn't really convince me as a reader.

Last chapter Waterhorse-kun was making me go HHNNGGGHH. Since it was so sad for him and then he finally found happiness! And this chapter, all these faces from Tiararose is just so darn adorable!! These two are just so darn adorable and perfect for each other!

I'm also super glad Fillyn, Tiararose's older sister (lol), is coming. Also, uhh... maybe it's just me but I feel like shipping her with Elliot for some reason. Who else thinks that?

Dex-chan lover
I know I've been complaining about how slow shoujo manga developments are but... THIS IS TOO FREAKING FAST

Users who are viewing this thread