The Villainess Lives Again - Vol. 1 Ch. 31

Duke Cedric: I bet she's thinking about other men...
Tia: I wonder who else is on the kill list for tonight :)

11-37f8a154cafef62e405cbb24187dbbc412fad26691e69bd1752a54c9ecb2b447-1.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@KrimzonHawka
To answer your question, it's not clear if the emperor did kill his other legitimate children. But he did use their deaths as an excuse to purge nobles close to the empress to prevent an anti-faction from forming and thus protect his power base.
In addition, the WN reveals the emperor is only an adopted son of the previous emperor.
He has less bloodline legitimacy to become monarch compared to Cedric's mother and Roygar, who were the previous ruler's biological children.
Emperor only married the empress for her family's ducal title to improve his own legitimacy to get the throne, but killed them later on to prevent them interfering with his power base. Because his legitimacy is tied to her family name, he can't just get rid of her and make Miraila empress (since Miraila is low in the noble rankings). What he can do is cut off the empress and make her powerless, so he can freely pursue his relationship with Miraila.

@zz2000 Kay makes sense, very much appreciate the clarification. Btw does Tia actually regret or feel bad about the implied poisoning of this guy in the past in the WN when she made that face now? I know novels get more inner thoughts then webtoons so I doubt we'll ever get more then that face in the webtoon itself personally, but I would like some confirmation one way or the other 😄

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the mass release.
I thought I comment that Luna, you're trying your best.
And I appreciate the translation team for this much work... lots of work.
so much technical stuff to speculate c:

Double-page supporter
So, I assume she poisoned him in the past, hence her expression when he ask who'd poison an ordinary knight? Seems like there's a bit of guilt in her expression after he asked that.

@zz2000 @krimzonHawka oh!!! im not sure if thatw as mentioned in the early chapters of this mamhwa and i just forgot about it but thank you for explaining!! thats good, she's not planning on disposing of him.

Damn, you can tell from her expression and regret that she probably ordered his assassination the the alt timeline.

Dex-chan lover
Damn. Bill was a loose end and she most likely poisoned the poor boy in her past life.

Dang this girl actually assassinated someone. I've never seen a manga like this where the mc is objectively evil

@karzak
I wouldn't say she is "evil". This comic is just treating the time period that so many other shoujo manga fetish as romantic, in a realistic way.
At the same time, male characters good and bad kill people all the time and no one calls them "evil"...pah i wonder why 🤔
This is Monarchy governmental system in a feudal time period, not the modern day where it is "objectivity" a lot easier to get justice for crimes [though clearly not perfect if you watch the news].Going by the outfits and the obvious governmental system its around the 17th century-maybe early 18th century where slavery and serfdom is legal,and executing someone by being cut,drawn and courted was legal to name a few things that illustrate the culture of the time. So cultural and legally what a person can do even if they are trying to be benevolent are going to much different/ Even the male lead..if you want to be black and white about it/ is a murder. He leads armor to invade other countries or & protect his nations border. So he is evil to if that is your standard. I don't see why murder is okay if you are a solider or a man fighting and not when its a woman paying an assassin...its still murder.

Objectivity speaking if you want to be black and white about it "murder is wrong" but when it puts people so dangerous the the mass populate in danger, murder can be necessary to protect the greater good. From killing someone in self defense who is trying to kill you--- to sentencing a serial killer who is dangerous because of their ability to manipulate others on top of physical brutality. Tia point blank. Did repugnant things in the past life im not going to argue with that. However since she is actively trying to stop a person she knows is a evil person and isn't blinding by the need for family affection like this time ..i think that should make the situation of why she had some killed more as a necessary evil this time, instead of malicious things she just doing for familial acceptance regardless of if that family is evil or not. Even if we don't know what she is up to immediately her goal this lifetime is much different.

sorry long post

Whenever tia is with the duke I always forgot that she was a villain and when she's being all serious then I remember :") lol

Users who are viewing this thread