The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 43

@mahtan I think antagonizing Mielle is good, she got back at her insulting her and her mother, and Mielle might end up doing something dumb against Aria

i feel bad for Oscar cause even tho i don’t ship, in his pov he is forced to marry the sister of his loved one thinking it will protect her,,,, hope the engagement falls through and he truly finds a nice girl that’s not related to the sisters lol

Thanks for the translation!
I still feel bad for Oscar, he seems like such a sweet guy but he really can't give Aria what she needs right now. Hopefully Asher will be a really great match for her ;a;

Kudos to whoever did the sound effects for this chapter, especially on the last image with the crack in the 'plop' implying the damage the brooch gets from getting dropped so carelessly. It's just, *chef's kiss*, such a small but nice detail.

Aggregator gang
i hope oscar and aria manage to become friends after the entire mess of this novel. hed be a good older brother kind of figure to her i think?

@jouyato
Sadly that doesn’t happen.
After Isis tried plotting a rebellion which failed, she and every noble involved where killed and their family members that weren’t directly involved in the rebellion were stripped of their noble titles. Oscar has refused to join the rebellion and had even given more information about the nobles involved so he got to live but was no longer considered a noble, meanwhile Aria became a princess and wasn’t interested in reconnecting with Oscar since they hadn’t really seen each other for a while up until that point.

@whatever_voyez The crown princess is supposed to be his sister Isis however she isn’t officially the crown princess since she and Asher haven’t gotten married (people just refer to her as that since they see it as inevitable and it would get you on her bad side not to call her that)
Oscar doesn’t really get a happy ending here since he does fall hard for Aria.
In the end he ends up stripped of this noble title after his family fails to plot a rebellion in a last attempt at taking the empire, though unlike his family he isn’t executed

I felt bad felt bad for Oscar, since he genuinely seems like he cares, but I havent really thought about him seriously until now. It really is sad that he's being forced by his sister to marry Mielle, and while MC definitely fits better with Asher, it's clear she definitely had some time of feelings for him. She keeps saying "You're my best asset" "They're just a tool" but in reality I think she's lying. Or, at least overlooking and ignoring her true feelings in hopes of obtaining her goal. Its the same with the hankercheif lady.

You go girl. I’m glad that Aria got back up faster here than in the novel.

Imo, Oscar should do something instead of simply following his sister. His feelings will not help Aria survive especially considering that his sister is hell-bent on wanting Aria and her mother to disappear. For some reason, he knows that his sister is powerful enough to do something to Aria so he decided to keep away from her, but he’s turning a blind eye to the fact that Isis wants Aria out even without getting involved with Oscar. He’s not protecting her, he’s just useless. Kid got no b*lls.

Mielle thinks she is in control but she couldn’t be farther honestly. Also poor Oscar needs to run from that family. Thank you for the chapter!!!

That burn lol. But damn I think this is the first time I've ever read a story from a tsun point of view.

Double-page supporter
Read through the 43 chapters in one day. Feels nice to read one of these stories where the "villainess" actually pulls of some villain-ish stuff, instead of being a nice person misinterpreted as a villain. It's nice seeing her be better than her previous life. It's nice seeing her build genuine relationships from the ones purely started from revenge. It's been a good read thus far and im looking forward to the future chapters.

Aggregator gang
Lol yeah, you can take that puppet Oscar and Aria will have the crown prince for herself~ gosh, Mielle is so blind by praises of others and her ambition to take down Aria that she failed to notice that Oscar is just a pretty ornament of the Duke Family lol no amount of power will you have as long as Isis take control of you Mielle, you have such a low standards for living

Anyway, thank you for the update!

Users who are viewing this thread