The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 45

Noooooooo! It was getting so good! I hope season two comes soon. The translation for this series has always been awesome. Thank you all from the translation team!

Awwww, Asher is really thinking in Aria in such a beautiful way, I ship them so hard!! >U<

Hahaha, I love Aria so much, she was enjoying the fantasy of her family's ruin so much. XD
Btw, can we talk about how fantastic she looks? She's bloody gorg and looks like a total queen, I also love how steady she's in her revenge, I'm rooting for her so hard!!

Tysm for your hard work, guys. It's been a really nice story. I'll wait patiently for season two and your amazing work . <3

Thank you for translating this so far!!! I will be patiently waiting for the next season 🥰 see you in December!

Ahhhh haitus T-T thanks for the chapters so far! I can't wait for season 2!

Welp, guess it's time for me to set myself up for ridicule by showing sympathy for one of our Villain Sue's victims. Poor Veri — any of the servants would've done the same thing she did if given the right incentive, because that's just how employment under a shite boss works. Aria would've done the same in her shoes, if not much worse. "Suffered at her hands" my ass — Veri is just a proxy for Mielle, and she could've been in Annie's position if things had been slightly different.

I really, earnestly hoped that this would be the otome isekai series that finally tackles social hierarchies and power dynamics critically and doesn't equate punching up with punching down, but that hope flew right out the window when Veri was introduced. It's not that I mind Aria being shitty, but more that I don't feel invested when Aria gets to be this shitty without it ever backfiring on her. The impression I'm getting from novel spoilers is that
Oscar's rejection will be the biggest setback she ever faces, and that everything from here will be Just According To Keikaku, including her plan with Veri, with only some mild deviations that end up working out in her favor anyway. She just goes full Villain Sue, and that's supposed to be compelling because … idk, some people like to fantasize about being awful with zero consequences.
Meh. I'd almost believe this series was a clever satire of villainess stories if it wasn't so earnest about the romantic subplot and so quick to condemn the cartoonishly evil aristocratic faction. I guess it works as petty, vindictive wish fulfillment, if you're into that sort of thing. The art is definitely nice. I honestly expected more from this series, but now I'm not really sure why.

Fed-Kun's army
Like K_Mari, I'm also not amused by how Veri is treated. If Veri was out to get Aria out of her own desires and not egged by Mielle, I would feel differently. The power dynamics aren't put under a microscope. Aria, in the first place, isn't nice or good. She's normal leaning towards spiteful. She doesn't even treat those 'closest' to her with true affection. So, I won't hold it against the story.

Thanks so much for your hard work team! This is a top series! Looking forward to more!

The 1st season is ending. *cry..
Thank you so much for the hard work all of you put in this series. Please stay healthy and see you in December ❤❤❤❤❤

I love that our 2 main leads are smart and powerful in their own way they're such good complements to each other

Thank you for the translations! You made my dayyyyy!! 😍❤️❤️🤭🤭☺️☺️😉🙏

Double-page supporter
noo i cant wait for next season 😭
Thanks for translating, i'm looking forward to the next season!

A strong end to the season! You can really see all the puzzle pieces coming together, Aria's plans are all working beautifully~

Thanks for translating! I love this series~

Users who are viewing this thread