The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Double-page supporter
I read a bit of the webnovel and I really prefer this manhwa adaptation! this scene in particular is more believable than how it was written in the webnovel. Oohhhh I love some delicious revenge!

Supporter
This and Who Made Me a Princess are some of the few pre 20th century webtoons to actually have pretty dresses. Also I LOVE her mom, I thought I wasn't going to, but the few times she's talked I fell for her stoic and cunning personality.

Finally, a villainess story with a villainess in it, not a sweet summer child!

@NoriSki It's from The Tyrant's First Love manhwa. Illustration from chapter 9.
https://mangadex.org/title/44057/the-tyrant-s-first-love

The character of the mother is really interesting even the most interesting, for once that the authors of webtoon don't make the prostituted mothers wicked without brains. But despite everything she does not forget to leave her scheming mind to show that to succeed you have to be cunning. What Aria understood, although it is a very negative and pushed vision in this story, it is refreshing not to always see characters 100% good or 100% bad with a not all rosy vision of things, which is a good choice for a webtoon which is located in a Europe of middle ages and highly understandable compared to the past life of our heroine

Aggregator gang
For people wanting her to redeem or make up with Mielle and as someone who has read the novel:
It won't happen, and Mielle herself will commit more crimes and do awful stuff to prove she is a psycho pretending to be nice, and all because she can't stand being related to the daughter of a prostitute in any way or wanting power.

Her actions will lead to other people dying, she will ally with corrupt people, she will purposefully try to kill her own dad and blame the main character for it, and she will privately get mad that her father didn't die as it would have meant the money would get to her sooner, and she only complains once she is found out and gets legal punishment.

And even after being given a second chance with the MC acting nice and letting her be in her mansion rather than jail, Mielle will still escape and turn traitor to her home country, trying to court the royalty of another country while leaving the guy she said she loved behind now that there's someone more powerful near her, not only that, she tries to make it so that said country will attack and conquer her home country, and well...it seems like it will work that way but said royalty isn't dumb and doesn't actually want a war so he prepares a trap for Mielle and the other traitors and delivers them to the other royalty.

And they are all sent to be executed except for Cain and Mielle because the MC intervenes for them, although Cain has to become a severely supervisioned guard and Mielle loses her noble status and is forced to become a maid, to be fair, she is grateful at her sister for saving her after all she did, but she still despises being a maid and not being the head maid meaning she works for others, so with some slight incentive from the MC, she takes it upon herself to poison her new boss because she hated being ordered to, this fails and it's Cain who drinks the poison and after this, any good will anyone had for her is gone and we get a repeat from the start of this series, only it's Mielle being executed and the main character looking like a saint before heading to her and whispering how much she hated Mielle and planned everything.

Cya

Ah yes... a true villainess story.. love to see the villain slay another villain.. i hoping to see the more wicked and cunning way aria do to slay another villains..

Let’s have our first meeting with the prince!!

And yes honestly Mielle is a terrible terrible girl later so let’s not feel bad for her trust me

Dex-chan lover
Yeesss...enjoy your self-made little cage of virtue.

It's great because she's acting like a proper villainess. Her mother approves, probably.

I... I actually think those dresses are cute? They're fluffy with pretty ribbon, very much like a doll dress!

This is the most original work when it comes to theme of 'reincarnation of the villianess'. Really interesting work without abrupt change in the MCs character making the story more fluent and doesn't portray a person as too good or too bad. (Which is true in real life). I love how it goes.

Aggregator gang
Also, not only is Aria still a villain but regarding her coming back in time:
It's revealed that her father is actually a member of royalty that fell in love with a prostitute but couldn't be with her, and despite magic not being known, royal blood has the ability to get powers when their lives are in danger, the prince can teleport for example, and her ability to go back in time activated when she was about to die.

This means that despite the origins of her mother, her father is actually more important than Mielle's and her father's family and himself also have connections, even with her mother, she is still of royal bloodline and thus technically more important than Mielle, it's just that her father never appeared in her first life and she never found this out, Aria herself is suprised when finding this out in her second life, and honestly, knowing this would have been really damn useful the first life, at least Mielle could have probably been nicer to her.

Though one other noble that despises Aria for being of low birth still refuses to believe it because prostitutes sleep with a lot of men so how could they be sure she really is born from the royal client, not knowing she has the powers and looks to prove it.

Users who are viewing this thread