The Villainess Turns the Hourglass

@BabyKana actually, not really, the shitty person had a lot of time to redeem herself and not do shit in the first place, but the point is, even if the returner changes themselves, the shit person will never change. The shit person will remain shit until the end. The shit person will sacrifice whatever and whomever just to achieve what they think is right. Quite narcissistic and sociopathic if you ask me. Meanwhile, the returner is just living their life, earning money and trying to avoid all the shit that the shit person throws at them. 😂

@Boa-Noah if I remember correctly
Mielle fricking oushed her own father doen the stairs, just so she could frame Aria. Did she think her father would die? Possibly. Did she care? Nope. This never happened in the first timeline, which proves Mielle is a sociopath and a murderer no matter which timeline. She never changed. Even if Aria chose not to do anything, Mielle would still look for ways to get rid of Aria. (seeing how she looks down on commoners and even nobles of lower rank than her, she's probably go around killing people left and right if only given enough support - which she had in the first timeline) Mielle is a teenager, however she is a teenager whose first thought was to poison Aria as a way to get rid of her... Also, for someone who thinks so highly of herself, she hasn't accomplished anything in life, even with all the benefits of being a noble's daughter. She's the one who doesn't work on herself and she is to blame for her fate, I don't feel sorry for her at all.

@Boa-Noah

I've read the entirety of the original novel and can tell you Mielle's fate is entirely well deserved.

it is true a lot of her behavior was brought on by Isis and her nanny manipulating/spoiling her since birth but you cant ignore the many things she had done in the previous timeline (intentionally gaslighting and manipulating Aria to lead to a public execution, poisoning and killing Aria's mother, ect) combined with later developments to come in the new timeline (She pushes her father down the stairs to frame Aria for his murder, let's her nanny take the blame for attempting to poison Aria, attempts to seduce the prince of another nation behind Isis's back, and when Aria offers her mercy by making her a common maid instead of having her executed for Isis's attempted coup she turns around and attempts the poison method AGAIN, only this time accidentally poisoning and killing her own brother.

A part of me does genuinely feel sorry for Mielle as
there actually is enough evidence to suggest that she would never have been this bad if not for her Nanny and Isis fostering these bad traits in her and in the end she does come to regret and feel genuine remorse for her actions but by then it is to late for redemption and Aria tells her as such right before she is executed.

Also I should probably point out that what Aria is doing now is pretty much exactly what Mielle did to her in the original timeline and we can all agree that Aria didn't deserve that. The main difference is
Aria gave the Roscentes multiple chances to redeem themselves. Mielle never gave her a single chance.

okay but the guy on the new cover...
don't his eyes kind of suggest he could be related to the Frederics??

@winterl1
There is a link to the official translation if the web novel under the Links section above. It does cost money to read though.

@Dommelien
Nah. There isnt any other Frederick's introduced later. This guy is most likely the foreign prince that will be getting introduced in the next arc.

I don't see the point of bullying people for what they did in another timeline. Especially the maid, it feels like the MC is pushing characters into becoming what she remembers them as. yes, Mielle seems to have been a snob from early on but she was like 9 when the second timeline started and no attempt was made to impact her world view. I'm also not impressed by a grown woman outwitting a kid or gaining prominence using foreknowledge. Im not going to say MC should behave otherwise because MC is not a reincarnated hero, she is a person from the same society and has similar values. What I find disparaging is when after being done reading a chapter about MC making friends only because they will lead useful connections or doing something else questionable I see comments here acting like she is a saint and it will be a glorious day when she bathes in the blood of her enemies

Previous or new timeline, Mielle is still the same piece of shit. Mielle looks down on people, may they be lower nobles or the commoners. Mielle has always undermined Aria and she also insinuated Aria's upbringing in the previous timeline making her the evil spoiled lady Aria was. She poisoned Aria's mother as well (tho Aria's mother was a prostitute, she was a loving and caring mother to Aria) and then Aria herself was framed for both poisoning her mother and Mielle. She was executed as well and that's what Mielle always wanted since the second she stepped foot on the Roscente mansion, she never even once intended to be in good terms with Aria. Mielle fully deserves Aria's revenge. Period. The tables just turned.

Uh did everyone forget the wagon incident? At that point, Aria only intended to save herself by getting with Oscar. Mielle (likely with the help of her maid) attempts to assassinate her the moment she sees her getting too close to Oscar. Remember how old they were?

Aria is common born. There's no way she'd actually get to marry Oscar and while Aria didn't know that, Mielle did. Even if Aria had his affections now, whose to say his feelings wouldn't fade later? There was literally no reason to attempt an assassination. But Mielle is at the point where she was a willing participant who calculated her way out. Had Aria actually been that young, she would have died or at the very least, had her reputation further ruined (which is everything in their society) for protesting what could have made her lose her life.

Aria was rash, impulsive, vain, and petty, but she never used her hourglass to kill Mielle. Mielle likely wouldn't have given her that courtesy.

Concerning is an adult using their maturity to corner a child. More concerning is the child willing to attempt murder because her pretty new stepsister got too close to her crush.

The young Aria didn't stand a chance, but the older Aria was able to improve herself *enough* to stand a chance. That should tell you something.

From the very beginning, Mielle had all the love, the wealth, the power, the support, and received all the benefit and credit that came with it (even when it wasn't hers, as we can see from the fur matter). Yet she still had the time to push down her originally naive and uneducated new stepsister and trap her with such a malicious scheme. Mielle is made to be evil and disliked, which is what I dislike about the series. She's too one dimensional. She and Isis completely lose their IQ at one point in the story.

What I like the most would be that Aria had to change (which she does, even if she doesn't admit it easily) and see beyond herself to survive. She had to grow up and become someone who could remember her roots and sympathize with others, which she does. To herself she's a villainess, but when you look at her actions, she's actually not bad.

@forget_it ah yes that "mielle's engagement arc" (cmiiw) right?from what i remember
after oscar cut their ties and after aria is able to move on,
she doesn't really bother mielle or abuse the hourglas to directly ruin mielle and more focused at her business and investment, because she knows that her dad and half siblings are no good, and her family will gonna fall in to ruin

and her bitch sister still poking her even at sarah's party

like seriously?

also could you guys explain to me, if aria's power trigger to her is her hourglass,
what about asher's power trigger?

theory: hourglass uses lifespan making it a plotpoint causing asher and mc to get closer
this hourglass just seems to convenient no matter how you look at things because something cannot appear from nothing right?

Users who are viewing this thread