The Villainess Will Crush Her Destruction End Through Modern Firepower - Vol. 2 Ch. 19 - The Villainess Takes to the Sky (second part)

Dex-chan lover
"Then that's fine."
IS IT THOUGH?

That jet engine was surprisingly simple mechanically, but I guess that's what they are. It's just thanks to Magic that they don't need some complex mechanisms to make it all work.

Is the epitome of cute is having fist in their ahoge? Like Chuck Norris third fist under his beard?

So she plans on using the flying thing , "showdown against fate" if this gets done well she is gonna kill so many retards hahaha

Double-page supporter
@shira952 Regarding the Gs she would suffer at high speeds, it was suggested by herself that at the speed she is going and the altitude she won't have issues with breathing. This likely means that she isn't going fast enough for Gs to be a serious problem other than a minor nuisance. Still doesn't change the fact that she hasn't figured out a way around excessive Gs yet, so until she does she won't be going as fast as she really wants to, and given that she envisioned a jet then she wants to go at mach speed eventually.

Dex-chan lover
"It doesn't seem that the appearance of aircrafts changed the tides of war in WWI"
Tanya about to come in with the visa check.

Dex-chan lover
... she's not that wise huh. Doing advance things at a pre-modern and not considering the consequences is pretty dumb thing to do lmao

Might drop it because i thought this was gonna be like youjo senki but i might stick for a few more chaps lol

It didn't change the tides because both sides got the technology at the same time. But it absolutely changed the way wars were fought. Besides, the atomic bomb, one example of technology both sides didn't got at the same time could and did (kinda) change the tides. So not being careful is a sign of stupidity.

Double-page supporter
seems to me that rather than being "quite the man" as the translation puts it, wolf sensei is just mildly overwhelmed and treating her more outrageous statements as the delusions of a creative young girl

The jet engine diagram is wrong.
The compressor is drawn, the combustor is drawn, but it's missing the turbine and the shaft connecting it to the compressor.

The compressor takes a certain amount of gas into the engine. This compressed gas is heated in the combustor, normally by burning fuel but combustion isn't actually required -- theoretically this could be done magically. This compressed, hot gas is allowed to expand through the turbine, which uses some of the energy in the gas to drive the compressor and sustain the process. The gas, which still has some energy left is directed out of the engine as a high speed stream. The hot gas going out the back produces thrust.

You know, I am not sure why she needs a wind fairy and a jet engine. Really, she should be able to fly just by using a glider if fairy can freely control the wind. The jet engine would be helpful if she found a fire fairy.

also,to add, the arrows with the force arein the opposite direction, while yes, it can in fact just be thought of like that cuz it may be easier to get for some ppl,however that isn't how basic rocket science works or, <idk how to word that sentence, some1 correct the way to say or type that w/e,

ofc, flying is not about just having rocket boosters, and vtol is at least slightly different from more common jet turbines, at least b/c flying upwards away from the pull of gravity is highly different from basically any other angle of flight not orthogonal to the ground, which is why rockets that have no more than minimal intake are used (almost?) exclusively for flight where liftoff relatively is a bigger pain in the ass, prob y jetpacks don t have holes on top of them also, idk where im going with this, srry if my memory is bad and i mixed incorrect info into all that^

Um... Am I the only person paranoid that her uber-long hair might get caught in the propellers? It doesn't look like she can control her hair when she was flying... (lol. Well, she has power of MC if it's not some random part of the plot. I'm only worrying because I used to have long hair that I almost never wore down, bc I was scared of catching it in things.)

Double-page supporter
This is if some one was told write a story based off of one question. How much damage could some one do in ancient times with modern weapons?

Call self military otaku...and thinking that air superiority do nothing...

Supporter
@DKoran Air superiority matters more when you can weaponize it, and this world would struggle to do so in its current state. Without a wind-element fairy, they would have to focus on the spell keeping the engine running, to the point that she didn't do anything but float before the fairy took over.
Even with a fairy, there's not much they could do. You can't shoot a bow or crossbow at those speeds, swinging a sword would bring you too close to the enemy (and likely break your arms), and most wouldn't have enough Mana to both run the engine and use attack spells at the same time.
The only thing they could effectively do is try to make some sort of bomb that could be easily activated and dropped, without accidentally detonating it. Since it's unlikely anything like that exists, they'd have to research that from scratch, which would take multiple years to get right.
That's not even considering that most bombs small enough to be carried in a jetpack could probably be defended from with a simple barrier spell...

Users who are viewing this thread