The Voiceroid scene on Niconico

Group Leader
Hi guys, I figured this topic would be somewhat relevant for this community.
So I've been pretty obsessed with voiceroids on Niconico, they're basically Vocaloid's counterpart designed for speech- people mainly use them for making "let's play" videos of games, but another growing usage is for something called "Voiceroid Theatre," where people make story-focused episodes (sometimes using a game as a platform).

I've translated and subbed a few episodes using Niconico's comment system, thought I might share them here. It'd be nice if interest grew in an English-speaking community, as the non-japanese voiceroid fanbase is pretty much nonexistent atm. (No one to share my hype with Q-Q)

Note: Site language must be set to English to view the English comments/subs.

Short episodic comedy/slice-of-life, resembling WataMote a bit but less painful.
01 Unsociable Akane-chan tries her best.
02 Unsociable Akane-chan and Yukari-san

Dark Fantasy (later eps have some guro/ryona) mixed with light-hearted eps too. Well animated-battle scenes (mostly in later eps)
01 Sister killer Aoi's (Non) Ordinary life.
02 Sister killer Aoi's (Non) Ordinary life. Aoi's Room episode.
Omake episode - A story in which your life's last hour is spent with the monster Akane.

Classy yuri, a rom-com? Very artful editing and heartfelt, funny script.
Akane's Clumsy Love Life Episode 1 Part 1

I've also compiled a list of some great untranslated series, for those who know some japanese.
Amayadori Detective 2 Part 1 - Mystery Series with detective Kiri-tan facing Yukari's riddles.
Akane-chan under the stars - Strange hilarious non sequitur one-shot.
Yuzuki Jun Series - Genderbender Yukari harem slice-of-life centered around Yukari's effeminate brother who loves to cook and do housework.
The Precocious and Malicious and Sakura and Reminiscience - A very well written, tragic kinda drama, or rather in the post-tragedy as a changed Kiri-tan and Aoi converse about their pasts.
Akane-chan Is Cute Hooray. - An RP story set along to the game Rimworld, survival story of Akane and Aoi with a twist. Very dark but also comedic and a bit of lewdness.
NSFW Legal Girls series Short comedy skits, good deal of fanservice, pretty dark but great humour.
Akane Sisters' and Yukari's Copypasta - Short slice-of-life comedy skits.
Akane's Clumsy Love Story - Romance, Drama, Comedy, about a forbidden love that Maki tries to help Akane through. +10 points for including Shiina Ringo music.
NSFW Yukari and Maki's escape of love - crazy lesbians on a road trip in america. Chock full of lewdness but also great story, drama/comedy feat. The Crew.

Anyways that's it for now, hoping I can help garner some interest in that scene, and perhaps with enough interest more would try and sub some videos as well. As far as I'm aware of I don't know of any other translated videos yet but if anyone has any please share them here! Or any other good series you'd like to share/discuss. I hope this topic is acceptable.

Group Leader
Updated with Episode 1 (17 minutes long) of Akane's Clumsy Love Life~ (view with English comments enabled for translation)

Also, would this topic make more sense in the "Anime" section? If possible I'd like to edit the title to "Translating Voiceroid Theatre Episodes" or something. And if anyone else is interested in translating voiceroid stuff for fun, pm me? I want to make this a thing lol.

Users who are viewing this thread