The Weakest Occupation "Blacksmith," but It's Actually the Strongest - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Lodging

The dumbest random quirky "not like the other isekai" plot twist.
"They are mad about their beds."
What a fucking coincidence that he makes the best beds in the kingdom.

Aggregator gang
Next chapter we're gonna see that noble moaning upon resting his body on S rank bed

Dex-chan lover
Okay... I think I'm done with this one. Random executions over a bed not being fluffy enough is too far into the 'retard' bar for me.

Dex-chan lover
"They've started a war over a bed."
Seriously? That's what you're going with? If that's the case, I'm amazed anyone is still supporting such loonies.
I can understand being angry at someone over a bed. That's already a bit extreme, but there's been worse even in real life.
A war is pushing it way too far.

I'm really trying to give this manga a chance, but they're really stretching my patience on this one.

@Riger Well, people have been executed for similar reasons in the past. There are cases where a noble had a commoner executed for giving them "funny looks". This crap might be sound stupid and highly unlikely to happen, but when you have absolute power like a lot of nobles had in the past, they tend to heavily abuse said power. And often take offense for actions that today we would think is too stupid to get offended for.

Humans, we're the smartest, but also the dumbest, species on the planet.

Aggregator gang
I mean Italy city states went to war over a fucking bucket look up War of the Oaken Bucket if ya don't believe me. Or War of Jenkins’ Ear when England and Spain went to war.

war over a bed, ya that could happen. likely it was some noble visiting another and the bed sucked and visit feel offended and that leads to blood. people need to read more history..there a reason nobility is not a thing anymore. all the "evil noble" tropes have real life examples...

as for this story - there are also genetic tendencies that could cause extra sensitivity that could be part of this specific family to need the best beds.

Edit: wow was not expecting such backlash. i was just imagining how "could" happen
@Denker-Bosu - i do not have examples, I dont know enough history details and we do not have records of all. i was just saying that people will do much for "honor" and to pay back a grudge.
@GrayBypasser the "bed" or whatever could just been an excuse for an old grievance and the loot.

@Tatsuya-Kai- valid that history is always looked at with modern eyes and we dont always understand the times. its not "nobility" that is the issue. it is one person having the power over another and abusing it that most of the "evil noble" (noble can be any responsibility or job of authority) tropes center around no matter the system of government or society that it is in .

@inKraken This is the first example of "noble starting a war over a bed" I have ever read/heard of, and its a fictitious one.
If you can find a real life example, I am sure everyone would be more than happy.

Fed-Kun's army
couldnt they have just closed this situation in this chapter alone i feel like this is being needleslly dragged out just to add the 4th son as supporting character

@GrayBypasser Oh i already know all that im just dissapointed the chapter length is shorter than 25 pages and they decided to waste most of it and now we have to wait for another chapter to be released so it can be translated

Fed-Kun's army
lol this is stupid. The cliffhanger is whether the noble like the bed or not....fucking hell

@Titanfan548 Look further down the cliche road, they are slowly trying to introduce a harem member, Gildart's sister, who was previously shown. Author just wants to play with the princess and a pea fairy tale.
@Mnuchinboo , @inKraken War needs a justification, a casus belli, but it will never start if there are not enough parties interested in benefits from it.

Users who are viewing this thread