The Weakest Occupation "Blacksmith," but It's Actually the Strongest

Dex-chan lover
OK, first chapter makes it a little understandable why "blacksmith" is being looked down on.
It's a world where every single person is given an indestructible magic weapon by god upon adulthood.
And a job. Seemingly at random.
The random god-given job is a setup that's pretty common in fantasy manga, but it's stupid. Even stupider here because of the first point. But let's roll with it.

The problem is how people think "blacksmith" is only "weapon crafting". Seems like nobody cares about tools or armors. And I only think about metal there.
Now, to mention how the hero (maybe other blacksmiths too, but I can't tell for now) seem to be able to "craft" just about anything, not just metal items.
He's OP in most anything outside of fighting. Even in a world where fighting is super important, you need much more to build a functioning society. Unless you want to setup a pure barbarian "might makes right" country.
Next, we'll see about this, but he might not be "trash" in a fight. They haven't tested him in anything and they decided that a fearful "hero" is automatically better than a confident "blacksmith".

I trashed some mangas where the hero decided to force himself into an adventurer life despite having a definitely non-combatant role. But I don't trash these MCs for trying. I trash them for trying and failing repeatedly. And then resenting others for his lack of ability. Most of the time though, they were given the chance to try.
This manga is a different approach, where the MC is not given the chance to try. We don't know how apt he can be at fighting and he's been dismissed outright. He will have to create his own opportunity.

So, in the end, I'm still convinced that it's a stupid setup on so many levels.
Hopefully, we can still build something fun despite the stupid setup.

Read novel. It was mediocre for a while then became really slow and really dumb. Then the author slowly stopped updating on any meaningful schedule on top of the already glacial pacing. So I expect the manga to be more or less the same. Mediocre for the intro arc then it will take a nosedive.

Okay dudes, at least be a bit original
Or write the stories especially good if you're not.

I dont think these kind of authors doesnt understand what "strongest" means since blacksmith has always been great as to why there are national treasure level equipments. We can get a blacksmith that have created over a thousand blade that isnt known to death and life.

Dex-chan lover
At this point I'm pretty sure that every occupation/class/job is just the weakest ever and frowned upon but has the potential that be the strongest in a moderately compotent person's hand

Dex-chan lover
Is very weird, every other blacksmith before him was unable to discover the true ability of the hammer? Or the system realized how crappy it was and fixed when was MC turn.
Is impossible that every other blacksmith never touched a broken item in their whole life, even if the item HAVE to be a plate it must have happened before, all of them killing themselves or running away in seclusion is absurd.
If is a state secret that blacksmith can turn the table with their ability is clear that he would have been contacted before.

Dex-chan lover
When will somebody write, "The weakest occupation 'accountant' is actually the strongest"?

First and second chapter may as well be entirely different rewrites of the story. In the second chapter he somehow shrunk 2 feet, forgot what he did with his blacksmithing skill regarding beds the first day he used it, and it just randomly brought in a new female MC with no introduction.

I'm beyond confused. isn't a blacksmith supposed to be someone who works with metal? how can MC make anything? isn't that basically 'creator' instead?
@lemmington 100% agree with you
@Dvsbstd Nah, I don't think Japanese men are spineless. these tropes were probably just copied around from one manga to the other.

Double-page supporter
imma give it 1 even without reading it,
I already know what's gonna happen after reading so many "weak" skill stories lol.
I ain't wasting time on something that will update like once a year.

....bookmarked so i can read when i'm bored to death

edit: HE IS NOT BLACKSMITH!
HE IS AN ALL AROUNDER CRAFTER FFS!!

edit: this is just mobile gaming in manga form

Dex-chan lover
So now we're picking on blacksmiths, eh? I swear these authors have some weird ideas of what constitutes a "weak" job or skill...
- white mages/healers
- Black mages
- Shield tank (I know, right?)
- Alchemy
- Beast Tamers/Summoners
- Synthesis
- There's even a recent one where the MC boosts exp

At first i was like bruh blacksmith? Weak? How?
but then i was like. Oh thats why. Everyone starts with a bullshit weapon gifted by god.

Fed-Kun's army
Why did Japanese author so obsessed with the weakest class? It's subjective and blacksmith isn't even a combat class lol, what do you expect? Every class has it strong point, whether it's in a combat aspect, support, or even production.

So please don't make all the characters so close minded and dumb enough to make fun towards a certain class. I know it's for the plot, but you could have done better than that.

Dex-chan lover
Really? Blacksmith, the job where one crafts items that everyone uses, considered as the weakest? You fcking kidding me?

@tosher It still wouldn't make sense because like, for example, who would be making tools for farmers? how about armour?

edit: and apparently he's not even just a blacksmith, like do these people make fun of the people who build their homes? good luck moving anything without a cart bitches

De ja vu
i've seen this shit before

Well jokes aside, i've seen shit like this many times and the worst one is villager one

I will read this for a while but not expecting any major things

Users who are viewing this thread