Watashi ga Koibito ni Nareru Wake Naijan, Muri Muri! (Muri Janakatta!?) - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
Is absurd to think she hasnt drop the idea of being friends after reading Mai list. How could she possibly think she can erase all those desires with mundane friendship activities? In the other hand Mai sure is a handful to deal with but that wouldnt change as just a friend tho. Mai is Mai.
This surely will take a while before actual development.
At any rate im glad ive immediately dropped the absurd and unnecessary translation using the LN to wait for the real thing. How can anyone even think is logical to fit book lines into another media with a complete different dynamic?

@Mai88 Tk u very much for the work well done as per usual and im sorry u have to deal with this unsettling situation. Im patiently waiting regardless how long might take for the worthy work u've been blessing us with each time.

Group Leader
@Noth Let me explain this a last time.

Manga and Light Novel does not have the exact same dialogue. By using LN text on a manga, you are fooling people that want to read the manga since, again, the manga text is not the same as the LN text, albeit it can be similar. This is a practice that can never be considered scanlation and ultimately it hurts the readers' experience.

Even tho I am not sure what the author's point of view has to do with anything, you can't deny that a translation made by a translator with an N1 degree (the highest one) it will always be closer to the author's point of view than using a translation from another form of media into another (since they are different and the dialogue is not the same).

That's why I said: "If the dialogue is the same", but apparently, you don't understand written language or you are so firm in your belief that you can't see anything else.
I do firlmly believe no one sane could believe an LN and a manga could have the exact same dialogue with such a passion, my bad. Again, to make this point clear, they don't.

Since I'm not a native English speaker, I wouldn't say 😂
You do not need to be native to know what a translation is.

I sincerely hope you now understand why people is disliking the other edit, since it hurts directly to the reader. I can't make it easier for you pal.

to @RaidaLove and everyone else
at some point do i even need to type this?
what your group do is better?
yeah, i mean your group has members with a translator, real editor with editing knowledge, quality checking and most of all "time"

meanwhile i only have a translated novel that i use for the text that i edit, crappy phone with google translate, paint... the app that i never actually learn it but have the chance to use it when i was a kid and a hunger for yuri.

in conclusion im talentless.
the right thing to do is
1. Learn Japanese and read it raw.
2. Join a scanlation group.
3. Wait

i have to admit
1. i don't want to learn Japanese just bcs i want to read a manga
2. join a scanlation group as a talentless individual wont help much plus i might make a conflict with others as i try to push them to get the result faster
3. i hate to wait.

okay then what can i actually do in a situation like this.
1. type a positive comment saying "good work guys, keep it up"
2. type a negative comment saying "guys can you please work on this faster its been a month for 18 pages manga"
3. not both and do what i can do.

i stumbled upon meatbun's translation work, "no offense meatbun, like literally within my fiber being this words does not have any means to hurt your feelings, i love what you do and God bless you"
can be confusing *lost in translation* or not that common to normal everyday life English

my old crappy phone camera still working, might as well install google translate app

and after i post chapter 12 someone posted how can i get the Chinese chapters for the chapters im missing

with those things i begin my own adventure~
and ofc a lot of people comment negatively, i mean i come from a toxic environment where if i do my math wrong I'll be just verbally abuse by my parents my teacher my classmates.
I absolutely hated it and whats special is that it affects me, when i see something is wrong i will verbally abuse them as well then i realize i have turn to something i hated.

and yeah there are comments saying that "i have done nothing good im just hurting the manga"
by my point of view "if you're not going to change anything about making the scanlation group's work faster, why do i even spare a moment to what you have to say"

yes what i do is garbage compare to a scanlation group.
i mean again that's a given.
im only editing as a talentless.
am i killing the manga by doing what i can to enjoy yuri?
as long as i have meatbun's translation and think of something fitting, i can at least "imitate" the right thing (as in not that far from a legit translated work). *since both manga and ln have the same author*

Killing the manga..
that topic is different.
by a sense, all people are all different, they might have similar way of thinking but not everyone of them is the same.
some might consider supporting the author's work, some might be already supporting the author by buying their LN or manga and some might never be able to support the author financially.
in the end, some scan group develop an idea "if people love the manga because we do our best to make this manga to be liked by other people, they might buy and support the author's work"
but honestly.. i hate to break it to you.. its just a wishful thinking..
you wont be able to change the fact not all readers are going to support the author's work just because you do your best for it.

that the reality we all live in.

>Manga and Light Novel does not have the exact same dialogue. By using LN text on a manga, you are fooling people that want to read the manga since, again, the manga text is not the same as the LN text, albeit it can be similar. This is a practice that can never be considered scanlation and ultimately it hurts the readers' experience.

as i say i can only imitate.
i cannot speak Japanese or even understand any Japanese words
i cannot edit with legit software for editing
i do not have other individual to work with
and i wanted to fill my hunger for yuri.
i put a warning sign in hopes of other people read it and understand that i only do this as a "talentless human being" because i love this manga

>Even tho I am not sure what the author's point of view has to do with anything, you can't deny that a translation made by a translator with an N1 degree (the highest one) it will always be closer to the author's point of view than using a translation from another form of media into another (since they are different and the dialogue is not the same).

you should learn a thing or two from film making
point of view from the author, director, writer, storyteller are all different, they have to make the call on what is best.
but in a manga with the same author, its up to the editor to give a feedback on what is the best or make people interested and back again to the author to make the call ( learn that from nozaki-kun manga)
at some point, i might be wrong but.
The light novel, always have more information than the manga since they use words for their readers to get the right feeling when they read it.
as for manga they use pictures to get the readers to get the right feeling when they read it.
words means information and picture means visualization.

now back to translation, you have an individual who understands Japanese and want to compare your translator to someone who don't understand Japanese and don't ask permission to the person who translate the light novel.
its much easier for you, much simpler for you much and it should faster for your group to do it rather than me who thought about it a lot about what should i put to not make a confusion a completely different word.

in a sense
you have someone who understands what an apple is
while im reading someone else's information about what is an apple.

"for me" as long as the point its trying to make is the same
and my sanity still stands to not make anyone confused or make a completely different thing
i will continue to fill my hunger with it

>I do firlmly believe no one sane could believe an LN and a manga could have the exact same dialogue with such a passion, my bad. Again, to make this point clear, they don't.

u do a typo btw its firmly not not firlmly.
just a joke but incase you think im trying to make you look bad, sorry to hurt your feelings

now moving on
they are made by the same author, there might difference ? yes.
sometimes there are a panel or a chatbox that doesn't exist in the LN.
in that situation, i have to come up with something i have to read the part of the ln multiple times then look into the Chinese translated to understand "what are these guys saying" then think again whats the word to say, match it with ln again, match with the panel, give it a long 30 mins to 2 hour thought while i do my assignments watch some youtube vids get a call from my boss that simply said, "covid is a b***h", then come back to forgot what do in mind. then give another hour to think about it all over again

its soul crushing honestly.
i cant keep doing these. i have to stop or things might get harder and harder to think about.
i have to go on to at least until the end of first light novel

>You do not need to be native to know what a translation is.

actually.. you do in some case.
as in there are slangs that only native understands.
there are trends that are native have the more grasp of it and eventually becomes a word or a thing.
you do not have to be native to learn their language.
but if you're native that means youre raised by that language and eventually understand a lot more that some not native find it some thought to understand.
language is a vast thing to learn after all.

>I sincerely hope you now understand why people is disliking the other edit, since it hurts directly to the reader. I can't make it easier for you pal.

sincerely, i hope you understand that im hungry for yuri and by the pace of your group work it wont be able to catch up to the latest release.
other manga scangroups or other yuri manga scangroups are able to do that, why are you, as a group with talented individuals, not able to do what they do.

i cant make this easier to understand. if you don't get why i do these things i do or what i want or my hunger
i suggest you do not ask others to understand your point.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
if a reader like or doesn't want to read what i do,
that's fine, just ignore what i do

as a reader who sends me a message to make a group so he/she can block it.
ignoring what i do is also an option

and lastly for TZDY
do what you want and i do what i want
there is nothing between us

and as for @RaidaLove and only to @RaidaLove
who said " You are not translating anything. Stop insulting the original work and the work of real translators like this."
try to develop an idea to read and understand.
im not translating anything.
if im insulting the original work and the work of real translatators.
you can stop me by filling up my hunger of this manga.

as a reader i don't even dare of saying this but
"in my point of view, youre the one who insults the author by making people have a long wait and eventually the reader is not as interested or as hyped to the manga."
"why cant your group work as good as fast as other groups who catch up to their beloved manga that they translate and edit"

saying those words, a negative thought will only bring others down or make someone have a bad feeling is not nice.

that's why i try to use negative thoughts to do my "edits", instead of verbally abuse another person.

before my positivity runs out im gonna end this here.

thanks for taking the time to anyone who read this
stay safe from covid and keep loving yuri i hope your hunger for yuri is not as bad as mine.

Group Leader
@xiaotiao
and most of all "time"
This assumtion is completely wrong. People have lives, are busy with stuff and we are the first ones that want to deliver yuri as fast as possible. Sadly, time is precisely sth the group doesnt really have.

u do a typo btw its firmly not not firlmly.
Indeed.

>You do not need to be native to know what a translation is.

actually.. you do in some case.
Guess there is a confusion here, I originally meant the concept of translation (which can be in every language)

And a sincerely, by joining a real scanlator you'll be able to fill your hunger much much faster. There's always someone requiring an editor out there. Cheers mate.

Thank you for the translation!! We're dealing with a pandemic. Let's try to exercise some patience.
I don't mean anyone in particular. No one's got to do this so I'm very thankful for those who do. It could be some like the LN translation. I don't personally have any issue with it, so long as the translator is being transparent. I prefer reading the manga for what it is. So going to stick with this translation.

Apparently you still don't understand what I'm saying, so I'll keep answering, trying to minimize the language barrier.
Although I believe that by speaking the same mother tongue we would not have understood each other anyway.

Manga and Light Novel does not have the exact same dialogue. By using LN text on a manga, you are fooling people that want to read the manga since, again, the manga text is not the same as the LN text, albeit it can be similar.
Which then, I wouldn't like to emphasize an obviousness, which in fact seemed to be obvious, but apparently here we continue to not understand, and as xiaotiao himself says well, the translation is made by a lover of the genre, so a fortiori not there is nowhere near the feeling of being disrespectful to the author's version, so for the umpteenth time, let's avoid saying these silly things once and for all.

I do firlmly believe no one sane could believe an LN and a manga could have the exact same dialogue with such a passion, my bad. Again, to make this point clear, they don't.
Again, that's why I said: "If the dialogue is the same", the "If" is an expression of possibility, so I repeat, if you write in the LN and the manga: "I like to read." you'll translate that sentence the same way: "I like to read." that was what I meant, if you haven't understood it yet.

This is a practice that can never be considered scanlation and ultimately it hurts the readers' experience.
"It hurts the reader's experience" in what sense?
Does it give you stomach cramps? Does it make your head spin 360 degrees? Does it give you brain problems?
I don't think it has the effect you think at all.
Apparently you haven't really seen a translation yet, as you mean it, otherwise we won't be here to discuss it yet.

Even tho I am not sure what the author's point of view has to do with anything, you can't deny that a translation made by a translator with an N1 degree (the highest one) it will always be closer to the author's point of view than using a translation from another form of media into another (since they are different and the dialogue is not the same).
No, I'm sorry to contradict you, but knowing one thing and understanding it are two distinct and separate things.
Even if you have the highest level of knowledge of a language other than yours, there will always be things that are part of the culture that you cannot understand until you try them firsthand.

You do not need to be native to know what a translation is.
(*)That was obviously a rhetorical and sarcastic joke.
Have you seen? You did not understand the meaning. (I even put the emoji on 🤔)
I think in Italian and I write in English, so many things I say are rooted in my culture (in this case the rhetoric and sarcasm) that you, obviously, not knowing my language, did not understand its meaning, and indeed, in the translation you lose the meaning and the effect that it would cause to someone who speaks the same language as you.
And I can answer in your own words.
I can't make it easier for you pal.

In the end, you're taking it more as a personal thing than a "constructive" criticism of the other party.

When you want to clarify a point, but the other side no longer has solid points to stick to, they "magically" call you a troll.

I only see a lot of ignorance, passed off as knowledge...

Supporter
I really like your translation @The Zärtlichkeit du Yuri. Thank you for all the hard work

Aggregator gang
Enjoying some wholesome yuri with some snacks and then all of a sudden bammy whammy she a horny tootie
This girl is DEHYDRATED

Users who are viewing this thread