This "Summon Kitchen" Skill Is Amazing! ~Amassing Points by Cooking in Another World~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
...am i old enough that ppl dont know who popeye was?

......fuck

They're both so cute!! My inner shoujo nerd is really wishing this had a romance tag though. 😥 Also, it's been years since I heard a Popeye reference

Nep

Dex-chan lover
I should have more important things to say like complaints about the lack of proper treatment to the MC. However...
____

He's Popeye the Sailor Man. He's Popeye the Sailor Man.
I must have gone crazy, singing this nostalgia..
I'm Popeye the Sailor NEEPP!!!!!!

@Nep So what you're saying is, you're all about the sailor outfits. Great, now I've got the mental image of "Japanese Schoolgirl Popeye" to work through..
Still not as bad as the fact that I'm going to be humming that damn jingle for the next two days.. :'P

@Shizukachan I mean, French Toast is just any bread toasted up with egg and milk. Accompanying it with cheese is pretty normal (gouda is my go-to), and I've seen cottage cheese used before (it's a popular option for many health-concious people, by my understanding, though I think it also bases a lot in regional popularity) [that said, it's not a topping I'd necessarily apply myself]. Though if you're in America, it's pretty darn rare to see it cooked in any way other than as a dessert, so it may be a bit startling if you're not already aware of the option to cook it as a basic meal option. If you haven't before, do consider trying it.

I personally don't bother with it often 'cause I find French Toast a hassle to cook properly (probably more because I'm focused in baking rather than frying, than anything particularily deserved), especially for something that's halfway to being a side dish, but it does taste rather good (similarly, if you've never had homemade for the sweet version, try that as well. It's fairly easy to make a richer, better flavor-balanced version of what Americans may more commonly be familiar with, though it does take a bit of effort to learn how to tone down the eggy flavor of homemade preparation to be more in line with such options.)

Here's a simple recipe I quickly googled up, that's fairly similar to my usual approach to the savory option. The real joy in dishes of that general nature, however, definitely comes from the Monte Cristo. It's not for everyone, and low-quality ones are ugh, but damn if the really well made ones aren't amazing. Oh, and if you're not too into cottage cheese, similar to me, but want something similar, try cream cheese or marscapone for your French Toast. Definitely brings it firmly into the dessert style of French Toast, but you can minimize the sweet elements and just emphasize the creamy flavors. Blueberries are probably my favorite option to go along with that. ^.^

@Trinitrobenzene She bought it to wash the skillet beetween the soaking of the bread in the egg/milk mixture and frying the bacon since she doesn't have several pots yet.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Thoughtgap

Naw, I was trying to sing the song via nostalgia and ALSO badly butcher it at the same time.

At least you are not humming the TMNT song for weeks.

Aggregator gang
@Thoughtgap

Thanks for the info 😊 yeps, where I'm from it's treated like a dessert, but I am now tempted to try it with cheese after checking out the link for the gouda herb french toast, that looks super delicious!

@TheTanJar7

I know! Cottage cheese just seemed way weird, but now I kinda wanna try it with gouda, you've gotta check the link thoughtgap posted

Dex-chan lover
You know, my version of good kitchen includes a pool, a shopping mall, and a spa where I can relax and have fun before and after cooking. FMC should go check now if she can buy those with the points mwahaha.

The question is: Is the powerup only temporary, and if it isn´t, does it stack. Because if it does stack, that means our polar bear knight is gonna have the strength of superman in a few chapters. And our MC too, since she eats as well.

Buff food confirmed.

And oh my, Mr Polar Bear Knight is just too cool. Too knightly. Too nice. I'm so gar for him.

Users who are viewing this thread