This Time I Will Definitely Be Happy! - Vol. 3 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
my eyes literally go wide when I see an update for this. Happy reading everyone!

Double-page supporter
I guess after living enough lives, you just stop putting up with dumb shit like bad parenting.

This series has never been particularly shy about the whole "webs within webs, plans within plans" political theme. It's a bit deus ex machina to have it play out like this specifically, but it is certainly believable if you take into account the whole shadow war background that's been explained in previous chapters. When everyone is secretly plotting against everyone else, it's not exactly unusual for events to take a wild swing towards the non-sequitur.

Perhaps unexpectedly, it also enhances the romance aspect. How much Graham the Hero actually cares about the MC is unknown as of yet, but it makes sense that he's so invested in her when she's the only person he can be reasonably certain isn't lying to him, manipulating him, or otherwise trying to backstab him.

Dex-chan lover
sorry Graham, I ship Louisa and this cute little priestess now. You cant hog Louisa all to yourself

Dex-chan lover
When grandma gives you those looks, you best prepare the sharpest blade for harakiri.

Dex-chan lover
@ninjadork Yeah it makes sense that she would be keeping an eye on the hero's lover and the priest that went with him. So her seeing this is perfectly reasonable. They were likely waiting outside the doors for shit to go down and are intervening now because they have all the info needed to do so and profit. I would expect spies and guards to be following these individuals around at most times in the first place. From afar in this case in order to look for opportunities or stay out of the heroes way.

Dex-chan lover
You_30d002_1237254.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Wow, if looks could kill that senior priest would have turned Hales into a smouldering pile of ashes.

Right. I was so focused on my theory, I totally forgot she somehow nullified/absorbed (?) the attack. She probably has the goddess' protection this life. Then again, I guess that's no good for physical attacks?

Dex-chan lover
From the way that Granny talk, Is she already listen to the conversation since they are inside the ritual chamber?

Dex-chan lover
Oh, so the mentor was changed with a doppleganger recently (unsure how long, but long enough that the kid hasnt been properly raised), and now the original suddenly shows up and confronts her. Seems it was an intentional impersonation though, as she doesnt seem to be confronting on the grounds of being impersonated, but about, I assume, broken trust.

Whoa I didn't expect this chapter to arrive so fast 😮

Anyway, good thing Louisa's this levelheaded

Dex-chan lover
@Pocky8 My first instinct is to say she's some sort of super-vessel, so holy power is sucked in like it's nothing. The opposing dark/evil power might hurt her more, be deflected, or also be absorbed, depending on where this goes.

Yeah! Louisa acting like the most wizened and mature person in the room, like she should!
First berate the bratty child. Then hug the poor child. And now adopt the lonely child.

I guess it's technically a deus ex machina? I don't feel like it because it's pretty reasonable-hardly out of nowhere. What's important here is that justice has been served, primarily by Louisa. Not so strange Graham would be attached to her at all, even without fate.

...Also, I don't know why my mind went to this, only that it did.

bs9Ecve.png

hqdefault.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread