This Time I Will Definitely Be Happy! - Vol. 4 Ch. 23

I... I honestly feel so bad for Marcus. He's been wronged, his love brutally killed, and he's been betrayed by nearly everyone he knew. He just wants Jun to be happy and alive again, man. Like, that's his end goal. And then maybe have a fulfilling life with her.

Tbh that would have been a good motive to make his character more complex, but rn the author's doing him injustice by having him be your average obsessive psychopath. Smh

Marcus deserves a better written character. I think many readers sympathized more with him than Jun was because people knew Jun at least had made good memories in her 600 years of reincarnation. There is this saying that to not remember your past life when you reincarnate is a gift because it won't become your shackles in your next life. For a while at least, Jun wasn't held back by her first life and was able to be happy by not remembering most of her tragedies. Marcus, for 600 years, was never happy. In fact, I think the despair drove him crazy. I still wish them EQUALLY a happy ending for both though

Users who are viewing this thread