This Villainess Wants a Divorce! - Vol. 1 Ch. 33

Supporter
People don't get humor...that or japanese has a problem stating the time of the sentences *shrug* wait, wasn't this korean? I'm lost.
Thanks for t he chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Local bandit got pummeled by good looking knight

Also, that's a dumb misunderstanding... Wonder how it'll clear up later.

That damn Hyun Ryu lookalike being shady af

I hope Noah's fiancee would become Canaria's friend someday!

This reminds me to catch up on the raws again lol

Ughhh unnecessary misunderstanding.
The 2mc relationship r not even stable n we can only expect canaria to make the worst decision ever (i hope not) to ensure it is favourable towards making ceasar marry the other girl.

As expected of the muscle brain knight. 😅 They were talking about the old times so isn’t it obvious that the time line was when they were little when he said that? I think I remember that event. He wanted to sleep with MC and ML because he was jealous that they got to sleep together when they were younger.

Double-page supporter
Oh for f-
I THOUGHT WE WERE PAST THIS. Misunderstanding-based drama that can easily get fixed by two characters just sitting down and having a conversation is the WORST. You have to sit and watch as the author forces tension by making excuses for their characters to not actually have a proper goddamn chance to talk. It's padding! That's all it is!!

Dex-chan lover
Bandit A: look this boy is good looking, maybe we can sell it in slave?
Bandit B: oh yes, it's a good idea
Ethan: (look like my imperial uniform an sword are just for show, or they are blind)
me: 🤣 🤣🤣

Dex-chan lover
So I feel like the redheaded dude is about to go off somewhere and start gossiping and talking shit. You would THINK that someone in that position would have more common sense when it comes to making assumptions and spreading them. Like, you work for a future king. Don't be so messy.

Dex-chan lover
@Keansor
Well, yes, except this story involved a noble and her knight which made things harder to 'just have conversation', especially if the conversation needed to start from the knight.

But, I agree this is a dumb misunderstanding as the conversation before should not made any misunderstanding.

Dex-chan lover
@Keansor
It is the worse but it is also realistic for the setting so the problem is less the two people sitting togheter and talking about it but what the public will know and how they will react/think about it.

@Keansor That's just how this kind of story is. And, if you're wondering, it probably won't get any better. I'm guessing that after all these misundersrandings when Cesar clearly says that he loves her (and it doesn't ger covered up by fireworks, again) she'll be dumbfounded and take some sort of break from their relationship or just distance herself from him. It's just how it goes, you shouldn't expect a wholesome daily life love story from this, just endless drama until the happy ending.

Fed-Kun's army
My prediction: the misunderstanding is going to be maintained just long enough for Cesar to feel insecure -> he'll try asking Canaria about it or hinting at it -> she'll say, "haha, yeah, remember when he said he wanted to sleep with the dog? Good times, good times." -> both Cesar and the readers will be immensely relieved.

Come to think of it, an author could really gain a following by constantly adding misunderstanding-drama flags as fakeouts. I mean, we're all so tired/traumatized by them at this point that you guys are lamenting at the first whiff of one, and that's honestly a reasonable reaction! We went wild over that save from Raya (aka green-haired guy) back in chapter 26! It's a heretofore untapped niche.

Double-page supporter
@Ribath Honestly, you're probably right. Sad thing is I'm not even wanting wholesome slice-of-life, I'm loving the cutthroat politics aspect. I can stomach the "Is she a double agent working for the queen?" bit because while some of it would get alleviated by them having a discussion, it would still be a problem. Her motivations are hard to understand because of her knowledge, and the drama from that is a main aspect of the series. What I hate about this misunderstanding is that all the drama between them that's going to come from it can be immediately taken care of with a single sentence. Meanwhile the "is she in a relationship with my brother" thing as a whole can get completely resolved with a single conversation. Drama can be done well, you damn author! Just not like this!

But like I said, you're probably right. I'll see how long this arc lasts and what the focus of the next one's going to be before I decide if I should give up on it for good.

Users who are viewing this thread