Though I Am an Inept Villainess ~Tale of the Butterfly-Rat Swap in the Maiden Court~ - Ch. 1

I like the first chapter so far. I haven’t really seen a villainess be a villainess for a while so it’s refreshing.
They both got what they wanted so hopefully they end up happy

I read through the web novel. its a good story.

The mc girl likes being in the villainess girls body. the villainess girl has a redemption arc. the people who condemned her have insta regret. there a bigger mastermind behind the scenes.

Dex-chan lover
Soooooo, who’s betting the villainess inevitably dies in childbirth due to her new, frail body?

Dex-chan lover
This is nothing like "Your Throne".

The Heroine character was not weak(Just sick) and the Villainess was not smart(Talentless and quite pathetically petty)
Heroine also Did Kill Bugs and she seems to be smart.

But this is the first Chapter.

Dex-chan lover
What an interesting premise.

@domo404 that's some cool spoilers. Would you mind telling us who the male lead will be? I'm gonna hazard a guess and say she doesn't get back with the emperor from how much black haired dude has appeared so far.

Dex-chan lover
A part of me hope she'll murder the lion and look at the crowd "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAIN? oh wait, this is not what you came for"

@theilikepie yeah, its not bad redemption to be honest.

@riflow
kind of hard to say, the supposed male lead does realize its her pretty quick, it is the guy who was with her on the top of the tower, her half cousin. the 2nd male lead is the eagle court guy who fell in love with just watching her. but this is more of a story for her and the villainess.

She does forgive the prince, she pretty pure hearted and doesn't have any resentment, she more of a looks forward to the next kind of day character and you'll see why she is like that from both the mc and villainess view. there isn't a lot of romantic tension because the mc is dense and the main story isn't focused on the romance.

There are two side chapters to the story but I haven't read them after my brain has fried reading the main story. I'll get back to you on that if there romance in those.

Dex-chan lover
@domo404 thank you! Interesting, that's really good though. Better to have the focus in that area. C:

I hate people/character like mc, so I hope she get to suffer a lot. And I also hope that the villainess can get her revenge on the people who hate her for no reason at least. It sucks being someone like her, who only exist to make mc look good.

Man, and I thought the heroine is a sickly, timid princess.

What a nerve of steel! (This one is a praise and not an insult)

The villainess is kinda otoge-standardized so.. okay

I'm looking forward to next update!

Group Leader
@yumian

Oh so you hate temtuanlly Ill people? I hope you dont go and insult cancer patients too then. Real ableism vibes from you

You need to stop reading villaness novels. There rotting your brain and your applying the tropes you see on them everywhere. Soon when you see a nice girl in real life you'll be calling her a white lotus bitch to her face and trying to convince her boyfriend shes secretly evull

Dex-chan lover
really interesting, it would mean that she personally pursued and persevered when it came to treating her body, though outside of her immediate family I doubt people would know and only see her as a frail princess. I do hope they flesh her out to be like that. the appearance of a butterfly but the calm perseverance of a practitioner
with how frail her original body was, if the villainess doesn't maintain it she might actually die. or drop out of the running because she is too ill. can't wait for protagonist to meet her original family (and explore the villainess family to, hateful but pitiful I wonder how shetty the villainesses parents are).
I don't know how our protagonist will get out of the execution but I do know that she might "redeem herself" when the villainess becomes so ill that the protagonist will have to take care of her because she knows her own body the best. and they might become besties, or she might be tried for using sorcery to do such a thing. either that or the author will gloss over it all and keep it a secret, but a secret so that the two of them will survive respectively.
understand the consequences of taking over a frail but respected body, and the consequences of a ruined name

Users who are viewing this thread