Though I May Be a Villainess, I'll Show You I Can Obtain Happiness! - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - (skip this one) The Villainess Will Obtain True Love

I was about to flame tf outta them, but no need. I'm glad others feel the same way.
I'll just add: This sh*t ain't cute.

Therefore, allow me to contribute to the show.

Can someone get isekai'd and go tell that girl that Gil isn't that shiny gentleman that her eye filter shows and that he just manipulated her right there? Like, that doesn't really seem like a healthy relationship at all, right?
Ha, who am I kidding? "Love knows no bounds", right? Who am I to judge the feeling of love between two unstable minded youths? Not my place. If they are happy, that's all that matters, right?
Wonder what would happen if she didn't confess and started plotting revenge, now that would be a more interesting premise.

Wtf... I would've ended it right there, right then. "Testing your lover to know their true feelings"... Such bullsh*t, wow, and she fell for it. Instead of asking her, nope, break her heart first while deliberately and openly flirt and getting intimate with another woman, which not only causws her discomfort, but also shame(from society). D*ck move

This was gross. I feel dirty.
And that's just from the male lead alone, before even getting to how crude and insipid the narrative plotting was.

I feel like an especially addled 8 year old scanned over one of the more generic villainess isekais out there and then later on, off of vague recollections, attempted to relay a summary of the content of that story to someone else, all while filling in the gaps in their memory with story elements from 50 Shades or similar. Why was an 8 year old familiar with 50 shades? I don't know, but I'm also equally confused as to why we had to suffer through this, so apparently there's just a lot of unanswered questions here.

What's truly confusing is the claim that this was a popular web novel, nevermind one popular enough to warrant even a passably competent artist. Could probably have managed this entire narrative with 5 panels of stick figures. Then at least the art would match the narrative in being two-dimensional and underdeveloped.

For those curious, the later offerings in this collection range between average and good, so after you apply the brain bleach for this one, it is actually worth continuing onward. I can only assume this first author got included into the collection via exhaustive bribery.

@MasterPannya
"Next chapter is the Heroine conspiring with the neighboring country, starting a civil war and successfully massacring the Royal Family.
The End.
"

Honestly, even that twist wouldn't make up for how bland, generic, and forced the early narrative content was. Most people'd still be dropping a series before it reached that twist. That said, that kind of twist and shift-in-focus would definitely help redeem this uninspired, dubiously arranged mess.

Let me add the following continuation to your plot twist, as well:

Once the Heroine massacres the royal family, she apologizes to the villainess and attempts to repair their relationship. The Villainess, being treated with genuine warmth and affection for the first time, slowly develops feelings for the Heroine. The Heroine, no longer manipulated by family or the prince, also discovers that her happiness lies within her own decisions and in relationships with people who will actually treat her well, rather than in relationships done for social advantage.

Romance blossoms between the two, leading to a happy ending scene of them both snuggling up to one another on a window seat at the top floor of the royal castle, looking down upon the kingdom which had previously hurt them, and relishing the fact that they both are now in control of their lives and have someone who will properly support them. Second to last panel will be of the Heroine giving the Villainess's hand a squeeze. The final panel will be of the Villainess turning to face the Heroine, and both happily smiling at one another.

Contributor
In reality, if you did this, you would be more likely to get betrayed than if you hadn't "tested" someone's love in the first place.

What I mean to say is, he's both dumb and a jerk. And possibly on an egotistical power trip.

Fed-Kun's army
What a piece of shit?
What gives you the right to test someone's love.

Instead of telling her or asking you humiliate and test her agh disgusting. Worse then the ones who are just guillable stupid and evil in other series.

What the fuck was this shit? Why is the rating so high, the other chapters better be like the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Aggregator gang
I say, the scenario where the prince attempts this and his fiancee promptly breaks things off and leaves to live a better life is a lot better and more interesting...

Users who are viewing this thread