Though I May Be a Villainess, I'll Show You I Can Obtain Happiness! - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - The Villainess Trifles with the Second Prince's First Love

Dex-chan lover
@ sjmcc13 #2 I don't think there was supposed to be an implication of yuri in, they were just half-sisters who cared for each other. They were going to a monastery anyway, nuns don't really yuri out with one another.

Dex-chan lover
I am confused, how is this chapters title supposed to fit the chapter?

Aggregator gang
It was cute, but compared to how radical the previous ones were, this one was kind of cliche haha.
But oh well. I still enjoyed it!
Thanks again for this amazing week of villainesses!!

This is a bit more of the usual approach to the genre. Nothing exciting, a little sweet, but I take some issue with the "give her to me" bit. Overall still not bad, the 1st story is still my least favorite

Ah~ I'm not quite satisfied with this final oneshot. The real 'villainess' apparently wins with her scheme after bullying Charlotte, I wanted to see the aftermath of all, when her former fiancé learns the truth, and if his higness knows that Isabelle (that was her name?) provoked Charlotte a bone break... And Charlotte admitted that she loved her fiancé, it must be hard to suddenly accept a new fiancé, more so when it appears that the prince and she didn't even have a friendship to base a relationship.

Honestly the three in the middle were the best of the five in my opinion. This last story is definitely better than the first but not quite as the formers.

Eeeesh. While, giving the context of a medieval-ish setting during the whole “give her to me” (even if there’s no indication to an adult presence that would sanctify the whole argument?? What kind of authority the ex-fiancée has to just give her like that?? None whatsoever) I was not completely thrown off, the author then opts to forget that “”immersion”” (let’s use this term very vaguely) by trying to make a backstory that justifies the Prince’s crush and enamored behavior - like, you either go for a set with medieval-like rules where the woman is a property, or you try to make it more the likes a romance.

Like other people commented, the 3 previous stories are way better. This one is just ahead of the first one with Mr Prince-incapable-of-having-a-normal-conversation.

I quite liked this. I'd like to think karma will find isabelleowhatshername and bite her in the backside. Sometime in the future. Dukeling will realize sooner or later what happened. If not, then... well, they can be happy together. The deceiver and deceived.
It was a bit unsettling when the second prince swooped in with "give her to me", but no one batted an eyelash at that, so I guess that's common in that country? Still, women are not possessions, he should've reflected on that.
Anyway, the chapter gave off a good feeling; our heroine, Charlotte, is happy, the prince is happy and everybody is happy 😄

Dex-chan lover
During the Victorian era children's clothing was largely unisex.

No, that bitch heroine should abandon her new fiancee and try to hook up the prince. That way the ex will know, she is a slut

Yeah this is like villainess adored by crown prince of neighboring country lol
But that one is better bcs prince got karma afrer annul the engagement lol

Dex-chan lover
tenor.gif

That was unsatisfying.

Now that it has ended I will give my ranking of them best to worse
Chapter 4
Chapter 3
Chapter 2
Chapter 5
Chapter 1

Side Note Chapter 2 and 5 are interchangeable in the list. I felt like both left me feeling unsatisfied.

Contributor
And that's the end, thank you for translating this, it was good...Except the first chapter.

This fifth chapter is really similar to the end recommendation "I was adored by the prince of the neighboring Kingdom".
Nothing exceptional, but a nice read.

Fed-Kun's army
good for her but her stupid ex and the "heroine" didn't suffer??? i mean i have faith the prince will make them pay later bc he seems the type but i wanted to see it. i'm not satisfied.

this anthology had some great chapters though, thank you so much for translating it!!!! 😍

Dex-chan lover
We may not see what transpires, but you know the duke's son got solid dicked for doing something like this. Especially because her family is "strong and trusted by the royal family."
And now, even more so, because she's in the arms of the second prince. Talking shit about a consort will only give you troubles.
Wouldn't be surprised if he's stripped of his heirship. Which, in turn, usually has the "heroine" dropping said fukboi like a sack of rancid potatoes.
Let's not even discuss what'll happen if an official inquiry is done into the matter.

TL:DR - we don't get to see it, but the poor boy is 100% fucked.

Users who are viewing this thread