Though I May Be a Villainess, I'll Show You I Can Obtain Happiness! - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - The Villainess Exploded

Dex-chan lover
The intro character page says his eyes are topaz, but on page 9 she says his eyes are blue. Was one of these a mistranslation or could the author just not keep their colors straight?

4JW7w89_d.jpg

so sorry excuse me

I can't fucking believe she just chose to blow herself up hfglkjkhd;h imagine wanting to reach out to your fiancee after wanting to talk to her for 6 years and she just annuls your engagement and explodes in front of you ????????????? questionable shock therapy is putting it lightly LMAO

Aggregator gang
That was so fucking scary, imagine you're talking to a girl and she suddenly explodes.

@Salfaro Topaz stones can be several different colors depending on their chemical composition. This includes, albeit very rarely, blue.

Blue topaz is actually the state gem of Texas.

Dex-chan lover
@Farcebinder @AWILD Sure, but that's not really relevant. Topaz when used as a color descriptor for things that aren't literally a topaz gemstone means a type of yellow/goldish color, just like how sapphire comes in plenty of colors that still get called sapphire (aside from ruby which gets its own name), and everyone agrees that when you say something's sapphire-colored, you mean a type of blue.

Fed-Kun's army
fjalksd explosive suicide... i kind of love it??? like, that would have been SO perfect for SO many vilenesses??? but then the prince was straight up GOING TO KILL HIMSELF OVER IT DASLKJSDALJK THE POOR GUY PROBABLY HAD PTSD FROM IT LIKE THAT??? IS A LOT??? and IMAGINE if she hadn't stuck around omfg like as it stands it's kind of funny but if you think about it it's horrifying. it's his fault for being stupid tho

thank you for all the translations~ reading the final chapter of the volume next, eyyyy

when the title said "the villainess exploded" i expected it to be an angry outburst... not... this....

@Salfaro Point taken, English is not my first language and sometimes I struggle with conventional terms. Regarding the translation issue, there could be many possibilities -- it could be the result of the difference in language, and maybe in Korean topez is convetionally used to describe the color blue.

Dex-chan lover
@autodafe__ Personally I find the thought process of "oh he's not responding to me, guess this marriage is a bust" to be pretty dumb, it's like she didn't consider any other possibility and takes the worst possible assumption.

Aggregator gang
Didn't like this one. Seems pretty extreme considering all the guy did was not talk to you. If he was actively an irredeemable piece of shit to her like some of the princes in these villainess stories, then it'd make more sense.

@Ratentaisou Well, since she had reincarnated into an otome game she thought her ending was set in stone, but as she hadn't acted like her game counterpart the story changed without her knowledge.
Since she heard rumors about her fiancé spending time with the games protag she figured the game went it's course.

Users who are viewing this thread