Tokidoki Bosotto Roshia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san - Ch. 32 - That's Not It (1)

Dex-chan lover
I actually love her sister for that warning because she knows her sister loves that boy and we can tell she loves him too and she’s giving her sister a chance to get him before she’s at her breaking point to go snatch him up for herself. NOW THATS A SISTER AND A REAL ASS GIRL. Because usually when it comes to girls liking the same boy they make it a competition and I hate those.
hyphen.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Anime begins in April 2024. I look forward to this half Russian girl speaking her Russian with the thickest possible Japanese accent imaginable.

I get that unlike the west, Japan doesn't have really anything at all for an immigrant/diaspora population from which to draw lineages where someone might speak a non-East-Asian language as a secondary tongue. The chances of them finding a young actress with Russian or similar ancestry who learned the language growing up and thus doesn't have a beginner's accent is close to zero. But it's always funny seeing a Japanese work where a character who's "half-X" pops up and they look 100% Japanese, sound 100% Japanese, and act 100% Japanese while the show loudly insists that they aren't in a way that makes you aware that they know damn well that they failed to reach sufficient suspension of disbelief and want you to go with it.
If you're interested in how she is going to sound, you can listen to the LN promo videos and dramas, since she is voiced by Sumire Uesaka, which is a well known va for voicing russian characters, pretty much been voicing her since the LN started and was the go to for the anime role (some russian character roles being Anastasia from Idolmaster and Nonna from Girls und Panzer)

Though no idea if there is a proper PV for the anime yet, i think there is still that announcement one

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Anime begins in April 2024. I look forward to this half Russian girl speaking her Russian with the thickest possible Japanese accent imaginable.

I get that unlike the west, Japan doesn't have really anything at all for an immigrant/diaspora population from which to draw lineages where someone might speak a non-East-Asian language as a secondary tongue. The chances of them finding a young actress with Russian or similar ancestry who learned the language growing up and thus doesn't have a beginner's accent is close to zero. But it's always funny seeing a Japanese work where a character who's "half-X" pops up and they look 100% Japanese, sound 100% Japanese, and act 100% Japanese while the show loudly insists that they aren't in a way that makes you aware that they know damn well that they failed to reach sufficient suspension of disbelief and want you to go with it.
The voice actress they got for her is a Russophile, who majored in Russian language. Idk how accented she speaks it, but she is like, a weirdly good fit for this role.

A moment of silence, deep condolences for these two girls who were born without nipples. So sorry about that, girls.

Dex-chan lover
You know it's a LN adaptation when it dedicated a chapter to heroine bathing.

Dex-chan lover
I wish all slow, contemplative chapters in other manga also took place while the MC's are bathing. I think it would really improve things greatly.

Dex-chan lover
I really don’t like her anymore. Let’s pretend our MC can’t speak Russian for a second, she just hopes he can mind read her every intention. She is never honest.

Imagine trying to have a conversation with her, and all of a sudden she just starts speaking in Russian instead of answering you, still speaking out loud to you directly but she intentionally doesn’t want you to understand what she says. Uhhhh okay. That’s pretty rude but alright?

But imagine her doing this all the fucking time. Over everything, everything is hidden behind a mask, and you have to try and mind read her to figure out her true intentions.
Agreed, too much of a pain in the ass. I cant even imagine what she would do when she does find out he understands russian.

Dex-chan lover
Looks like author is playing the "Alya is in denial card", so this probably won't progress as fast as I was hoping. Meanwhile, big sister is seemingly willing to let Alya win, but I suspect things might change if she keeps being indecisive.

Dex-chan lover
aww man I was expecting

Yuki to come out of bathroom only in towel when Masachika returns home scene.

I guess it's for the next chapter

Users who are viewing this thread