Tokidoki Bosotto Roshia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san - Ch. 42 - This Only Tasted Like Ice Cream, Yes? I’m Being Honest (3)

Dex-chan lover
Man I hope the anime adaptation doesn't rush the story and cram too much in 12 eps
They've already halfway done through how much manga has covered and it has only been 4 episode, they are already skipping a lot so they can fit the Student Council arc within 12 episodes.

Dex-chan lover
The anime's animation is so well done but the abomination of pacing really puts me off... The manga is doing 100x better than the anime.

Dex-chan lover
Alya is cute, but the way she is completely hopeless and relies a lot on Kuze is kinda piss me off. Like if Yuki is more competent then we should let Yuki win instead? What's the benefit in Alya winning? Like she should matured first and gain more experience and confidence.

Dex-chan lover
Family maid that works for his other side of the family? That "sama" was telling

Dex-chan lover
Hm yeah, with the way she speaks to the siblings, I wouldn't be surprised if she used to be (or still is) the maid at their mother's place. Let's just hope she has a) no thing for the MC and b) no being forced into her role backstory (looking at a certain other romance).
I think there's no need to comment on the fanservice but Masachika has his way with words, as always (when he wants to), you can tell he's from a family of diplomats xD

Thanks for the upload! I kinda feel bad for you having to explain bi-weekly release means 14 days and why scanlations don't release immediately after the source, stay strong... :huh:

Dex-chan lover
Okay, first of all, thanks for your work! I really, really appreciate it! That said...
-I may be a bit off base, but isn't Alya's Russian text the entire premise and reason for this series to even exist? If you don't translate that, the manga loses its entire hook!

Ps: I don't give a shit about Yuki, the student council and that whole deal, and neither should anyone
Yeah, as it was mentioned before russian text in here are weird, give off the vibes of either good MTL (usually MTL to russian is very bad due to russian being a very precise language (unless someone intentionally vague) and with because of that it can be hella complicated for an algorithm, even well trained neural network to master) or someone somewhat knowing russian but on a level of second language. The sentences written here are very stiff and unnatural, for example native speaker would say the line from this chapter like "Что же во мне такого?.." or "Что же он такого во мне видит?..". In first case "же" is a grammatical particle an enhances the question of what exactly MMC sees in FMC, and in second case it is further by addition of pronoun "он" ("he" in english, oh and btw there is no singular pronoun "they/their" in russian at all) for additional precision and the word "такого" (roughly "such" in english) for further reinforcement, which will be dropped from translation to english all together...

So you see how much bullshit in all this? Hell russian sentences in this manga are for flavour only, and translating them will add a lot of confusion!

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, as it was mentioned before russian text in here are weird, give off the vibes of either good MTL (usually MTL to russian is very bad due to russian being a very precise language (unless someone intentionally vague) and with because of that it can be hella complicated for an algorithm, even well trained neural network to master) or someone somewhat knowing russian but on a level of second language. The sentences written here are very stiff and unnatural, for example native speaker would say the line from this chapter like "Что же во мне такого?.." or "Что же он такого во мне видит?..". In first case "же" is a grammatical particle an enhances the question of what exactly MMC sees in FMC, and in second case it is further by addition of pronoun "он" ("he" in english, oh and btw there is no singular pronoun "they/their" in russian at all) for additional precision and the word "такого" (roughly "such" in english) for further reinforcement, which will be dropped from translation to english all together...

So you see how much bullshit in all this? Hell russian sentences in this manga are for flavour only, and translating them will add a lot of confusion!
Good to know, if the author doesn't care about the stuff the girl says, we really shouldn't either. I stand corrected

Okay, first of all, thanks for your work! I really, really appreciate it! That said...
-I may be a bit off base, but isn't Alya's Russian text the entire premise and reason for this series to even exist? If you don't translate that, the manga loses its entire hook!

Ps: I don't give a shit about Yuki, the student council and that whole deal, and neither should anyone
The title alone should tell u that alya is gonna drag this, since she thinks he doesn't get what shes saying. So thats expected. Its not just a straight to the point thing..as u can see the author has some plot points for their story so ur P.s is what alya cares about so it aint never ever been about u caring bout yuki and the student council.. u gonna have to zip it & suck it up and deal with the shit anyways cause its for alyas sake

Dex-chan lover
Good to know, if the author doesn't care about the stuff the girl says, we really shouldn't either. I stand corrected
Not as much as doesn't care as they are probably nowhere proficient in the use of the language and have very little or zero experience. You know, hearing people from outa slavic countries speak russian is funny, it the same mistakes and stiffness of speech, cause germanic and a lot of asian languages have somewhat structured patterns for times and structure of sentences, also less precise, where russian is free form and what words you use matters. Hell you can say the same thing 10 different ways and put a lot of nuances in a sentence with just 10 words, and even less sometimes. This made russian a bitch to master but a very cool literature (prose and poetry) language, english and japanese feel stiff by comparison.
(And hell I hate the asian bullshit with hieroglyphs, not for them I might've learned japanese T___T)

Aggregator gang
They've already halfway done through how much manga has covered and it has only been 4 episode, they are already skipping a lot so they can fit the Student Council arc within 12 episodes.
my fucking god good adaptations are scarce these days

Dex-chan lover
The reason he was allowed to leave the Suou house was his willingness to never associate himself with the house or visit the family home again. Never mind that even his father was secretly not subject to the same restrictions (which Madachika will eventually discover and lead him to trash his promise).
I think it's that spoiler that made me stop putting off getting caught up with the LN.

Just finished binge reading 7 and 8 in one sitting. Still kinda processing it all. Overall though, I've got so many mixed feelings about all the developments.

9 seems like it'll be interesting though.

Supporter
my fucking god good adaptations are scarce these days
I wouldn't be too concerned with the bits that are being skipped. We're still not likely to get past the training camp arc (and the idea that there's a particular student council arc is kinda silly; after V1 and ignoring the SS book, it's about 80% student council stuff through V8).

Users who are viewing this thread