Tokyo卍Revengers

OMG OMG OMG OMG I JUST READ EVERY SINGLE CHAPTER THAT'S RELEASED, I'VE BEEN BINGE-READING THIS WHOLE MANGA AND I NEED SLEEP BUT OMG OMG OMG WHAT I NEED EVEN MORE IS ANSWERS !!!!! GAAAAAHHHHTHIS IS SO PAINFUL, THIS IS SUCH A MASTERPIECE I REALLY SHOULD'VE TOOK MY SWEET TIME WITH IT, GAAAAH WHYYYYYY ??!!!! I CAAAAANNNNTTTTT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING, IM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE IM JAJSOWOWKEJDJQOJDEHHEIQIQWJEJDBJEJEJWOQKSBSBFHSJQQUI1OSPSJDBRR
......I must.....close my eyes for a while....it hurts...and now I'm hungry....and thirsty....and....the most important of all......I NEED ANSWERS DANG IT, PLEASE !!!!!!!!
Edit: Just in case but I've finished reading in a day....well since it was morning already when I finished I guess it'd be a day and some more ? I didn't really count so let's just say a few hours haha~~ Aaaaah, what a wonderful story, I'm glad I was able to read such a splendid manga~~

Nei

Dex-chan lover
@Kdom i had no idea what that was so i had to google it up, but thank god they weren't dropping this one

@BrahMoment420 @mangareader900 @masterjohn2 I don't think anybody scanlated them. However, you can find those chapters (rips from the official translation) from various manga aggregator sites. The missing chapters can be found in vol. 7 - 13 of the official translation.

My feelings towards this manga is conflicted. It was really good until Izana was introduced, since then everything just feels rushed. Too much characters are being introduced at once, with not much substance to back them up. If there is any substance, it feels disingenuous. Knowing that this is the last arc, I'll stick around to the end. But I wish Wakui can slow the pace and for someone to take the lead instead of Mikey (Mikey is a great character, but having the rest of the cast rely on him rubs me the wrong way, esp. considering that Takemitchi is the protagonist).

Anyways, thank you First Division for the consistent uploads!

What an absolute ride. I teared up multiple times throughout the story, for those on the fence I can wholeheartedly tell you it won't be a bad decision to read it.

Fed-Kun's army
I keep thinking of this as 'Hajime no Ippo time travel edition'. Like, this is a pretty good manga in a lot of ways but holy hell does the MC ever squander the potential of literal time-travel powers.

There's one HUGE plot hole in this, and it's because there are no limits on what he can do with his time leap abilities. He can easily become one of the richest people on Earth (or THE richest person ever) by utilizing future information on companies and stocks to accumulate mass wealth. Information on future events and future wealthy/powerful people could also grant him important connections with the most important people. Utilizing future information would basically make him extremely powerful, but of course, that would make the entire plot and manga useless since he could create a gang stronger than touman very easily on his own.

Does this bug me? Not really. It is very slightly annoying that they don't at least make up some sort of magic rules to make it so that he can't suddenly get rich from stocks or other things I talked about. But then again that could also make it overly complicated. Since the actual story is really interesting already, I can easily ignore these ideas and just enjoy the story. Just wanted to bring this up.

This manga is really, really good until the most recent arc which starts at around chapter 120.
It is definitely worth reading just for the story until then, because the time leap mechanic and the character relationships are really enjoyable and fun to read. The MC's development is also really cool to watch and it's a really solid story. You will definitely get frustrated between chapters 120-175 (175 is the latest chapter out at the time of posting this comment) and I was speed-scrolling through most of them because it was a bunch of useless side stories and meaningless fighting that had no real impact on the main story. It seems like the author was running out of conflict ideas for the MC and instead of gracefully ending the arc by having the MC make logical and smart decisions, they add a bunch of extra fighting that is really boring. It seems like the conflict should end in the next few chapters, and if it does I think the manga can redeem itself. If the author ends up allowing the main villain to escape this arc and just add even more BS instead of ending the conflict, then I will probably drop it lol

@XenonXYZ

You made an excellent point about Takemitchi’s time leap abilities and I definitely agree with your sentiments towards this manga. But I think the one main constraint that prevents MC from using past info to get rich is that his abilities brings him back in time exactly 8(?) yrs ago. So while he can see which companies will raise up in stock, his age there doesn’t really allow him to invest or anything like that. He could ask his parents to invest in the company, but that’d be suspicious considering he was only 14 at the time (not saying 14 year olds can’t be interested in stocks, but considering Takemitchi is known to be a delinquent at that time it would be weird for him to be suddenly into stocks). Also, it appears that he’s focused in keeping Hinata alive and Mikey sane more than anything. But the idea of Takemitchi creating a gang stronger than Touman through his time leaping skills would be an interesting turn of events... maybe that’s what Kisaki is trying to achieve? Assuming that Kisaki has time leaping abilities too lol

@clematis nice point! I totally forgot that he doesn't have money lol. But seeing how he's in a gang and Mikey probably knows people, they could probably find someone with money to invest by proving to them that he has abilities. His parents wouldn't trust a 14 year old, but they would trust a 14 year old with proof that he's a time traveler lol. The bigger point here is that he can easily prove that he can time travel (please see the example at the bottom of this comment) with a minimum amount of effort, and get anyone to trust him and follow his lead. I didn't realize it until you said it, but yeah Kisaki is actually doing a wayyy better job at utilizing his time travel powers than the MC is! He easily became the leader of this huge enemy gang and recruited a ton of powerful members. Meanwhile the MC is just struggling to be a captain of just one squad inside Touman and keep everyone alive.

MC method: just focuses on one event (when X is going to do something or when X is going to die, I will stop it so that future events will change)
Kisaki method: I am a freaking time traveler so let me just use my powers to get information on everybody and manipulate them so I can literally make my own gang that's stronger than Touman
If the MC actually used his powers instead of just playing a role as a normal non-superhuman gang member, he would easily beat Kisaki and make Touman overpowered.

In-Depth example: Get a list of significant events that occur within a week and a list of stock prices at the end of the week. Give this list over to people with money (people Mikey might know, or honestly he could just show his parents). Within a week, every single event on that list will occur along with stock prices having an exact match. He now has the trust of those people and they believe that he can tell the future. He can then make some agreements to take a 50% cut (even something like 20% would be enough) and invest in stocks that will get a 10x or even 50x return within the month (there are almost always random unknown stocks that rise tremendously ever week, which they can buy and sell at the peak point before it dips). These huge profits and connections would basically make him one of the most powerful people in Japan, and with money he can protect Touman and recruit way more people as well.

Users who are viewing this thread