Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - Vol. 8 Ch. 879 - Even Though You’re Just A Jun!!

Dex-chan lover
Jun used Charm against Tomo...

IT’S SUPER EFFECTIVE!!!

Fed-Kun's army
Take the smooth (yet semi-hypocritical) attitude of Jun aside, isn't it kind of weird that Tomo would spend her first full day of being in a relationship with Jun with her friends instead of her new boyfriend? Seriously, the girls can't hold off on celebrating for another day or even invite Jun to join them?

I'm only asking because we've seen plenty of scenes of the girls discussing Jun and Tomo and how to get them into a relationship, can we actually see scenes of Jun and Tomo's new relationship?

Double-page supporter
@KazumaLee94 Stuff like that is probably coming pretty soon. It's only been like five "chapters" since the last purely Jun and Tomo chapter.

Plus they're at school so it's normal to put some focus on friend reactions (the people who helped to get them together).

Fed-Kun's army
@himeleth I know that school is mostly time for socializing with friends, especially after what happened yesterday, however Tomo already spent most of the day with her friend group and now instead of spending the rest of the day to see how her and Jun work as a couple (outside of the post-confession afterglow) she goes off with the friends she's already spent most of her day with. The girls couldn't hold off on celebrating until after this new relationship becomes more defined?

I'm not saying couples have to be together, 24/7, at the expense of their friends/family, but shouldn't these two get a clearer understanding about how this romance will affect them (outside of some throwaway lines of how happy they are)?

I mean, after 850+ "chapters" of teasing the relationship with the main characters and now you got them to become boyfriend/girlfriend, instead of exploring this new aspect of their dynamic, we're doing more of the same "girls hang out and talk about relationships" scenes we've been reading for almost the entirety of the manga.

Say what you want about how Tomo should celebrate with her friends, this just screams of an author stalling for time before having to show the new development in actual detail. I know it's shounen but come on author, if you're actually going through with a new development in the story, actually commit to it or just don't bother with the development until the final "chapter".

Dex-chan lover
Jun, that was corny as hell.

At least they are the best type of couples, being friendly and not glued together like some sort of sugary cancer

Users who are viewing this thread