Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - Vol. 8 Ch. 953

Dex-chan lover
been a wild ride everyone
:cheers:

Thanks for all the hardwork scanlator
You guys deserve a break and a pat in the back

Dex-chan lover
Wait what? That's how it ends? What a letdown. I was tolerating this whole "If you want my daughter you must defeat me!" schtick in anticipation of whatever came after. This sucks.

It's about the journey not the destination, or something.

Now excuse me but I want closure. Like, actual proper closure. :mad:((

I guess I am in a very small minority, but I liked the end. They've basically been a couple for the entire manga and more chapters wouldn't show anything different.

Dex-chan lover
Wew. Was here at the start and followed it all the way to the finish line. Loved the whole trip. Thanks everyone

This manga has been a constant source of entertainment for me for the last four years (except when it went on hiatus). I'll miss reading it every day. It was a great four years!

This was a great good feels manga, really gonna miss it. Hopefully, there's an epilogue to show what happens later to them and everyone else.

Dex-chan lover
what the actual shit?!?!, the end.. just like that... with all other interesting stuff left hanging for the other characters.... @kp114330 yep
UGHHHH
@Kwijo yep, i feel you

Dex-chan lover
While I'm a little disappointed this manga ended, I'm not surprised. The recent arcs and the whole "physically beat me to date my daughter schtick" thing that was taking over was not only a boring (and outdated) cliche, but also drained all the fun out of this comic.

Plus, it pushed all of the fun and interesting (arguably more interesting than the main characters) side characters out of the way and locked the narrative into a predictable path with no variety. This manga could've continued past the point where people got into relationships the way Working! (the TV show, I haven't read the manga) did so long as it was willing to organically grow the characters, and find a way for them to interact naturally in the new situations they found themselves in entertainingly.

Some have remarked that the author doesn't seem to know how to portray romantic relationships well, and while I haven't seen his work enough to say that it's the case overall, with this partical manga, I feel like he hasn't done that. If it had focused more on the comedy with the romance as an aside, I think it would still would have continued.

Also, I went back and browsed the first few "chapters" again, and wow, the feel of the manga back then compared to now is much different, and it was much better at the beginning. Page-turning, and full of life. Maybe these character and this work will be revisited someday, but hopefully after the artist's gotten some new inspiration and learned and grown enough to do it more justice.

Users who are viewing this thread