Tonari no Furi-san ga Tonikaku Kowai - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Normally I don't believe in this kind of stuff, but this guy is such a beta soyboy

This misunderstandings shit is already getting old, it wasn't even that funny in the first place and is so overused. I hope the author doesn't just rely on this for the entire series.

Weren't bloomers abolished like two decades ago in Japanese schools? Also, considering how often he gets frightened of Furi, he was really talkative with her at the end, eh?

Double-page supporter
Yea it’s mad corny to keep using these played out forced misunderstandings

Dex-chan lover
We're reaching wholesome levels that shouldn't even be possible.

Those misunderstandings were fine at first, now it's getting really boring. Shitty trope is shitty.

Group Leader
I find it pretty amusing that people are bitching and moaning about how the misunderstanding bit is already old hat after only 3 chapters, yet that other series with pretty much the same premise (delinquent girl in love with boy but boy is clueless) is already at chapter 27 and there's hardly any bitching and moaning about that series. I'm guessing that its all down to whether or not you like the main characters or not. Oddly enough, this one has a higher rating...

Dex-chan lover
Yeh I don't really care about anything else. She's adorable, the antics are fun.

Dex-chan lover
@FredFriendly I have to agree with you on this one. We're only three chapters in, we're still in the baby steps of them getting used to each other. And honestly? This MC is already getting more used to the girl than that other story you mentioned did at this point in the story. Although, like all misunderstanding romcoms, if this one drags it on for TOO long then it will get old. But at this point in the story, it's still fine.

@Jimsock1 So basically, she needs to pick someone else despite the fact that this guy clearly fits her preferences, hence why she has fallen for him on sight in the first place? I think you need to re-evaluate your sense of values for an individual's opinions.

For my own impressions, this was a solid chapter. While Taira is of course making assumptions about Furi because of her appearance, she is also compounding those misunderstandings because she doesn't voice her thoughts properly. The misunderstandings are a joint effort, you can't just lay the blame at his feet.

Contributor
Y'all talking about the misunderstandings like that isn't part and parcel of the genre, if you can read and enjoy Waratte Sotomura-san this is nothing.

Group Leader
@Nermie01
The misunderstandings are a joint effort, you can't just lay the blame at his feet.

You're right. Just like that other series, this FMC does not voice her feelings in a clear and straight-forward manner, leaving the MC in a state of wonder and uncertainty. But you don't hear people complaining about her. Why? Because she's a she and she's cute. I'm pretty sure if all things were the same, but she was drawn really ugly, we'd have an entirely different reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread