Tonari no Furi-san ga Tonikaku Kowai - Vol. 3 Ch. 25

Oh shit the cover on Vol.3 is this new guy and Furi with his blazer whyyyyyy. Get out mannnnn let Taira do it!

I feel like this chapter was crap.... forced non-progress, unnatural, like we are moving twords a generic 7 star romcom. Tbh, I don't even know what is happening.

But since its been a while, perhaps I just need a refresher. Since when was he aware of his feelings towards her, and ambitious enough to attempt lewd hand holding? I know she and everyone around her is aware of her feelings. But I thought he still didn't know of his own (and wasn't sure about hers).
I feel like I am suddenly jumping into a different manga, like our MC has been abducted and replaced with a new shy chad without us knowing.

@monoreposo he has been aware and trying to develop as a character for some chapters now. FMC on the other hand lost her "so scary" shtick and was left with nothing going for her other then thinking about MC once every so often. But suddenly all characters are interested in her and she is moved upon by every single one in the manga for whatever reason. She is shown opening her mouth and there are 3 dudes around her (not an exaggeration, there are a multitude of scenes showing just that). Now she is not getting any character development anymore. Could also elaborate why its fact that she has better relationships with 10 other dudes in the manga suddenly just because author went for the brainmush route. Might not show but I am annoyed with non-character progress and sudden nonsense developments.

This is basically a continuation of the dynamics seen in ch.23. I don't know what role will Sawamura end up having though. The fact that he's on vol.3 cover could mean a lot or nothing at all.
I know that he needs to kindly fuck off, that's for sure.

@coldconut07
She's literally just getting along with her classmates, other classes still see her as scary.

Dex-chan lover
all these people getting NTR baited.
did you forget the name of this series?
he's not scared of her anymore.

This chapter feels that she backtrack the progress she had with mc and now he will feel insecure and lonely now that everybody wants to be with her.

@go-2-sleep (almost) no character is shown being scared of her anymore for quite a while (even from outside of school). Also yes while that is true, she is shown being way closer with every character than with MC and keep in mind this is a romance manga. Also most of these interactions have a weird romantically undertone. She couldve went for MCs jacket or hand but didnt. She embraced annpying kid. She couldve shared her hobbies etc. with him but rather did with otaku. She couldve shared her problems with him but did with a stranger cop roleplay boy. And she suddenly is super close with these dudes. She decided all that. And it keeps going while she gives no fuck about hurting him/creating misunderstandings. Really hope this gets talked about in the next chapters. Just gotta remember it is first and foremost a ROMANCE. There is always 3 dudes swarming her, dont act like this is something else.

Dex-chan lover
I think the recent developments are supposed to get Taira to feel jealous and force him to actually pursue Furi rather than keep the status quo and only support her.
We've seen that Furi is too chicken to make a big move on her own.

@coldconut07
Bruh, at the end she thanks Sawamura in the class chat but Taira gets a DM instead.
Dunno why you're so worried about her character development, it's actually pretty decent when compared to some other romcoms.

@go-2-sleep as I said the 1 moment of fluff bait to keep a wholesome image is just overshadowed by Furi treating MC like a stranger and (potentionally) hurting him/creating uncomfortable misunderstandings. But she just doesnt care. "But MC got a formal DM!" Still he is shown being shaken mutiple times. Just sucks. I get where you come from but when looking at this as a whole and as what it is, the manga just isnt as fluff and wholesome.

Never said it wasnt decent just calling it out for being bait.

Dex-chan lover
517uym.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread