Tonari no Furi-san ga Tonikaku Kowai - Vol. 3 Ch. 26

Group Leader
@AlexD1891
Not liking the dude is not a reason to refuse?

Yes, it would be, but there is zero evidence that she does not like (or like) the dude. Currently, the only reason for her to refuse is for her to admit to herself that she, in fact, likes Taira (or someone else), but she's about 2 million miles away from doing that at the moment.

Dex-chan lover
This manga sucks lol. Only read a few chapters and decided to check out the most recent. At least I know not to waste time reading any more of it.

Dex-chan lover
They will either end up having a fight after she rejects the guy or there will be a misunderstanding and they will become more distant for a while (so that they can later reconcile).

Dex-chan lover
Ouch..

There better be no misundertanding ahead. On the other hand its good to see taira's development and him realizing he has feelings for furi, it took him 20+ chaps.

Contributor
@FredFriendly If I remember correctly she already admitted to herself that she likes Taira and have been working with Okuta to get together with Taira. The one that has been indifferent up until now was Taira, at the being he would even think that she was scary because of the rumors.

@Dankierson I don't think this kind of forced cliche is needed for character development, couldn't he just think "I'm starting to like her" and go for it?

Dex-chan lover
@FredFriendly
that is quite nonsense
she can just reject that suitor on the simple grounds she is not interested him regardless of having or not another person on her mind
and it's very odd that you claim she has to admit herself to like Taira, as from the very first chapter she is much open about liking him and never in denial about it, with her thinking he's hot and looking on internet on "how to make her crush fall for her"

@Entryhazard just chiming in since you called what someone said "nonsense" just now, even tho it reflects the overall opinion in this Thread and supposedly the Amazon reviews on this Volume of the manga. I for one dont know for sure if she is only/at all interested to date MC or get into a deeper relationship with him. And it seems heaps of reviews on Amazon etc. state the same, calling the development and dynamics quote;"uncomfortable". Yes MC couldve went for it already but there were no signals at all she is particularily into him.

Dex-chan lover
@coldconut07
this discussion is very well beside the point on whether Taira knows or not
it's explicit from chapter 1 that Furi does know she likes him and is not lying to herself at all about it instead of the classic supreme tsundere or the more detached "I don't know what means to like someone"
If you think Furi doesn't know she herself likes Taira you missed a part of this story that was in plain sight
I mean look at this panel from the first chapter and tell me if she doesn't know how she feels about it
3CKawkp.png

@Entryhazard yeah I don't get why people think not liking the other person isn't a reason for refusing. Like, why should she even accept if she isn't feeling like emotionally investing in a relationship? It is stupid.

@coldconut07 Just because what he said goes against the general opinion doesn't mean it is wrong. Saying it is nonsense is quite fitting in this situation, considering she has no reason to accept as well. The signal part is even more so—like did you guys forget the last few chapters because of the long break? She shows enough signals that she likes, or further downplaying it, is interested in him, but it is the dude that doesn't catch them.

Thank you for the chapter!

@Raskaro the last few chapters? I remember them. She pretty much never showed (never did) that she likes him towards MC in any way. There were no signals at all. MC felt like shit in (almost) every chapter being self conscious and anxious (was showed and even put into words when saying "I am so lonely" while sitting next to her, lol). "The dude" is at no fault, author went bonkers thats why so many people complain. The progress wouldve been fine without every random "the dude" being closer to FMC than MC himself. Its a cliché try to progress the plot (the confession being overheard and every male being after Furi suddenly). I would argue the dude confessing is closer to her than MC for being allowed all alone with her together in a room, keeping a normal conversation.

She shows enough signals that she likes, or further downplaying it, is interested in him, but it is the dude that doesn't catch them.
The signals are not even subtle, they arent there. I dont know what you see but MC could never get any hints from what she is doing apart from considering himself a stranger (the overall consensus) and try to get with her. Thats how real life works too. There is nothing going on? Why risk and go for it. In the end he is "the bad guy" and characters and readers shit on him for no reason.

@Entryhazard true I was kind of going off there since you called something nonsense that I think wasnt. But Fredfriendly certainly made points that resonate with my opinion that we arent even sure anymore of what FMCs intentions are. I also said that yes she was shown to "be quite into him" at first but for quite some chapters now she made no effort to show him, at all. Just throwing that out there.

Group Leader
@Raskaro
yeah I don't get why people think not liking the other person isn't a reason for refusing.

Have you seen any evidence that she does not like random dude?

Like, why should she even accept if she isn't feeling like emotionally investing in a relationship? It is stupid.

I agree with you, but it has happened in many a series where a confession has been accepted when there has been zero emotional or romantic interest, let alone knowing nothing about the person confessing, before the confession yet it is immediately accepted. Indeed, there are a couple series currently running where this is the situation.

@Entryhazard Her interest in Taira certainly does not seem to be as strong as it once was since the sports festival. For instance, she has shown zero interest in being with him in this chapter and emphatically refused to go around the festival with him. That she chose to go off with another guy instead of being with Taira is yet another sign that her horizons are expanding.

Users who are viewing this thread